Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Guys!!

Mike,
Let me know if I can be of help.

Dick
Old 03-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dick's an awesome guy, extremely helpful! Thanks again!!!

Mike
Old 03-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I think I can beat that 'Mr Gadgets' story.... Last year I was really stressing over what to do with my drive so, as I was so far away, Dick suggested that I dismantle the drive myself to see what it was like first. I didn't have a manual though.

Times were hard as I'd just started a business and Dick found me a cheap manual on e-bay which was great, but the guy wouldn't ship to the UK. I let Dick know, but thanked him for his efforts.

Next thing I know, he's bought it for me! He didn't want me to miss out on the deal, so paid for it himself so I could paypal him the money and he could send it on to me!!

Now I felt awful though, things took a turn for the worse and I didn't have a penny to scratch my a$$ with for a month. 'Never mind' said Dick, just let me know when you can pay and I'll get it sent straight on. Sure enough I did, and the manual arrived in perfect condition in a couple of days, he'd saved me about £150 or so!

Now that is a true gentleman. I've never yet been able to send any business his way, he's never yet made a penny from me, he doesn't know me at all yet he still went to this length for me. I can honestly say I think he's the best person I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. Sorry to threadjack, hope you don't mind, I just feel that when someone is this good to people, it needs to be shouted about.

All the best,

James
Old 03-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Registered

James, i couldn't agree more. Dick is a very knowledgeable individual who is always willing to help. I had a very helpful conversation with him even though I didn't end up buying anything from him. Thanks again Dick!

On that note, a big THANK YOU to Scott Shogren and Shogren Performance Marine. They had a spare almost-new X upper they sold me at a VERY reasonable price. Almost half the cost of the rebuild I was gonna do. Score! Boating season can't come soon enough.

Thanks again to everybody for their advise on this thread!

Mike
Old 03-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank You Gentlemen!! Always nice to help out a fellow boater!

Dick