Notices

Imco Shorty info

Old 06-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Imco Shorty info

I have a 2000 24 ft VIP Vindicator with a 496HO and Barvo One Drive and Bravo 4 blade prop. Boat looks similar to a Baha Outlaw. It is more of a lake boat than offshore but I Live in Tampa so offshore it is. Thinking about putting an Imco Shorty on it. Not sure of the X dim or how to measure that but just for example how far below the pad does the drive need to come to? Do you measure to the nosecone or the Skeg? I have heard if you go too short then it may have trouble planing . Does that also mean it will fall off plane at a slower speed. Right now I can stay on plane at about 18 mph.

Chris
Old 06-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Measure from the bottom of the transom to the prop shaft. You most likely run pretty deep. A shorty will give you 2 to 4 mph on top and better handling. Planning is effected. I have to lower my k planes to get on plane. It falls off plane a little higher than stock but you can lower planes and maintain a low planning speed.