Sportmaster Lower Splash Plate? >

Sportmaster Lower Splash Plate?

Notices

Sportmaster Lower Splash Plate?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Sportmaster Lower Splash Plate?

Will the IMCO splash plate work for the -2 Sportmaster Lower? If not any other aftermarket options or do you have to go through Mercury? I need two ASAP....thanks in advance!
Old 07-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also like to know if there imco splash plate will work with the sportmaster lower I tried to do a search didn't come up with the right answer
Thank you
Old 08-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The imco ones will not work with the sport master. I just threw two of them away that I made, one out of alum and the other out of stainless. I was playing with having a semi-whale tail design. I sold the drive with the original plate and figured I didn't need them any more. They were pretty easy to make, the trick is getting the long bolt and wedged spacer that goes on the top side of the cav plate where the anode use to be. Can grab them out of the garbage and ship them to you for the cost of shipping and you can make copies of them as you see fit. They have the neessary bolt holes in them already for you to attach them. I pretty much went to the local discount steel and had them shear some metal for me, then got a metal cutting plade for my circ saw and trimmed them to the size I needed. Then just had to drill some holes.