Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
SCX-4 Black Thunder 46EC 750hp! (Ryan9154) >

SCX-4 Black Thunder 46EC 750hp! (Ryan9154)

Notices

SCX-4 Black Thunder 46EC 750hp! (Ryan9154)

Old 06-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Is that Sopers old boat?
No sopers old boat was a 97 43 tall deck step haul. Soper currently has a 02 46 EC that i will start a thread on soon......
Old 06-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waconda
So nothing new as far as speed gain, getting on plane with the -4's, how they operate, easy to shift hard to shift, give us the scoop.
Since Ryan isn't on here much I wil speak for him. We went out in it last Saturday. We ran the 30 pitch herings, 6 adults and plenty of fuel. Since it was a pleasure day and not a tuning day we didn't pay attention to the numbers well. From my recollection we could only turn 5000 RPM which ran us right around 80MPH. I also should add the water was pretty flat, wasnt a good top speed day. The boat handles absolutely great, gets on plane with no trouble at all. As far as shifting in and out of gear in my opinion they clunk into gear pretty hard. They don't do it if you move them in and out of gear quickly.

This is most likely the drive that will be going on my 43 GT.

Ryan feel free to correct me.

Jason

Last edited by Jason3603; 06-13-2012 at 01:02 PM.