Mercruiser publication. >

Mercruiser publication.

Notices

Mercruiser publication.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mercruiser publication.

Can someone give me the link to the Mercruiser publication: "2003 Brand Knowledge Product Handbook"?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That might be pretty difficult to obtain, What kind of information are you looking for from it?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2003 Formula Fastech 382 with Mercury Racing HP525's and Mercury Bravo XZ drives. The starboard drive failed after about 155 hours and the port drive failed about 10 hours later. The boat has never been raced, and I installed drive showers shortly after delivery (8 hours) to help keep the drives cool.

I have since read from two sources that the XZ's can't handle the weight of the Fastech 382, with no reference to horsepower. In response to questions regarding liability, Formula forwarded pages from the Mercury 2003 Brand Knowledge Product Handbook which address the question whether the XZ could handle the 500 prop shaft horsepower from the 525's - - yes.

Maybe Formula didn't do their homework regarding the XZ and boat weight. I am hoping that the Product Handbook will address the question of maximum boat weight for the XZ drives. If not, can you recommend another source with that information?