So what's up with X Power Drives?

Notices

So what's up with X Power Drives?

Old 11-11-2012, 03:38 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what's up with X Power Drives?

Anyone know whats up with Xpower drives? Been trying to investigate them. Website kinda suxs no contact info? Anyone have direct experience with them? Maybe KAP? Trying to search the threads but doesn't seem to be much out there as far as people that actually have them. Specifically on single V step hull? Thanks GZ
Old 11-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

35 grand, still interested?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o48166-en.html
Old 11-12-2012, 06:12 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Yes, if it is the last drive I ever have to buy I'm VERY interested. Thats only 5 XRs . Heck I could go thru 2 or 3 XRs in a year!

But as with all this style drives there seems to be people having issues. This Xpower seems to be very mysterious not much info on it. There website leaves alot to be desired. Not many of them out there. Would love to here from some people that have them. Saw one you tube video of a guy doing a hole shot.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Where is the video?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:17 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
Where is the video?
I think this link will get you there. Its from there website titled How fast can this Conquest top cat get on plane. The claim is 1250 hp 1150tq gets on plane in 3 seconds. Obvious hole shot but how long can the drive hold up?

http://xpowerdrive.com/frame_index.htm
Old 11-13-2012, 11:44 AM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ask JIMKID MOTORSPORTS here on the board he got them on his LS powered skater he should have all info you need he s a lot in the skater owner section
Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Registered

Hello All,
We are still building them and they are still going strong. We have upped the power handling to even more and have upped the warranty. We have been doing most of our sales down in Australia. If you need any info please feel free to call anytime. Also we build a stainless gimbal ring replacement that we give a lifetime warranty on.
Bill Auberlen
806-320-5631
Old 11-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GAZ
Yes, if it is the last drive I ever have to buy I'm VERY interested. Thats only 5 XRs . Heck I could go thru 2 or 3 XRs in a year!

But as with all this style drives there seems to be people having issues. This Xpower seems to be very mysterious not much info on it. There website leaves alot to be desired. Not many of them out there. Would love to here from some people that have them. Saw one you tube video of a guy doing a hole shot.
That's kind of how they market the X-Power Drive, buy it/them and take it with you when you sell your boat.

Before buying SCX's, I talked to them and they tried to justify the price by the fact that if I ever sell my Bravo 37 OL, I could just keep the X-Power Drive and put them on my next boat. Problem with that is, if and when I move up again, it will be a #6 boat that is setup and balanced from the factory, not another bravo boat.

In the end, I just couldn't justify the price compared to other aftermarket drives.......just MY opinion though.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:16 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
That's kind of how they market the X-Power Drive, buy it/them and take it with you when you sell your boat.

Before buying SCX's, I talked to them and they tried to justify the price by the fact that if I ever sell my Bravo 37 OL, I could just keep the X-Power Drive and put them on my next boat. Problem with that is, if and when I move up again, it will be a #6 boat that is setup and balanced from the factory, not another bravo boat.

In the end, I just couldn't justify the price compared to other aftermarket drives.......just MY opinion though.
Thanks for the input, good points. What did you wind up with and how are they working out for you ?