Notices

B Max drive

Old 03-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i did mine john wasnt around, ron was im just stating i have nothing against john, but like you, you got your guys you deal with and so do i, when i did mine the bravo shop was ran by dean so thats why i used ron. never said john was bad but ron set these up and in 5 years only a broken prop shaft well he did something right.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:19 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Spent some time talking with John today at the new shop. The changes he has made to the Bmax drives since purchasing the business is amazing. I had a original Bmax and while it appears the same is not as good as the current units. He has made many small changes in the way the cases are made,chamfering edges, adding reliefs etc, definitely the only guy I'd have setup a bmax drive as he is he only one that knows every trick to making them perfect.
The parts and knowledge he uses for bravo drives is also very beneficial to helping a bravo drive survive for any length of time.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well its been 6 years since i did mine. john is came along way with that company, when the other guy had it ron was the one to use. i wonder what all has been done to make them better, i know when i got my lowers they looked like crap i shaved the lowers and smooth the heck out of them and made the leading edge sharper.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:03 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

John has done a lot to the BMax's to make them even stronger. Better materials, closer tolerances, and redesigned lowers.
Take a look at all the improvements. http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/sh...The-Bravo-Shop