Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
SSM service in the mid-west? >

SSM service in the mid-west?

Notices

SSM service in the mid-west?

Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Mine were done at speedmasters a few years ago, looking at the slips there must be quite a few golden o rings in these drives!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Call Dubberts Outdrive Service in Port Clinton ,Ohio 1-419-732-1778... Ask for Jim Dubbert Can work on any speed master drive and is a certified Merc. Master Mech. along with his whole crew. May be a little closer to you and you can take the turnpike or I-90 to his facility.They are located at 2344 E. Harbor Rd. Port Clinton,Ohio 43452 He is a OSO member and owns a Cig top gun. Good guy!!!!!!!

Jim
Old 04-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
So why not Riggs?
Not tryin to bum wrap ole Mel, but he aint cheap. My one friend, sent his #6's in to him for a refresh. After a month or so, he was quoted around 25k to go thru both of them. Mel said everything was junk. Needless to say that wasn't cool with my buddy, so he went and picked them up and paid for the tear down. Off they went to Craig Collabella, both drives rebuilt for around 12k if I recall. I don't know what ole Mel was doin for the extra 13g. I know that he was charging full list price for every part inside the drive according to the estimate. The rebuilds from Collabella worked out great, and saved my buddy a ton of dough.

My other buddy sent Mel a pair of #4's that were supposedly in good shape, to have gone thru and checked out for preventative maintainence. Mel again said that everything was junk, wanna say that bill was about 15k.

My guess is Riggs wont chance anything. He's gonna replace all of it, whether it needs it or not. Your gonna get a good product when he's done.Which from a business standpoint, I can understand that. From a consumer standpoint, if my gears and shafts are in good shape, I wanna run them. In this economy, I think open check books are a thing of the past for most.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigboat1
Call Dubberts Outdrive Service in Port Clinton ,Ohio 1-419-732-1778... Ask for Jim Dubbert Can work on any speed master drive and is a certified Merc. Master Mech. along with his whole crew. May be a little closer to you and you can take the turnpike or I-90 to his facility.They are located at 2344 E. Harbor Rd. Port Clinton,Ohio 43452 He is a OSO member and owns a Cig top gun. Good guy!!!!!!!

Jim
Heard good things about Dubbert in the past.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

That's the problem with sending stuff around the country, if the guy can't be trusted, they just tell you anything.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
Mine were done at speedmasters a few years ago, looking at the slips there must be quite a few golden o rings in these drives!
That's not something I want to hear.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:51 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guy said no to the SSM drives. He is a Bravo and TRS guy only.

As I said above, Doug down at LOTO is awesome.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
So why not Riggs?
Riggs told me they no longer service 3s 4s or 5s due to availability of parts.they even got rid of their tools supposedly when i told him i had the gears coming.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None the less Gary kollofski set me up with Craig Colabella and he sounds like a straight forward guy.also rather reasonable as long as there's no surprises other than the upper gear sets.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rbesola
Riggs told me they no longer service 3s 4s or 5s due to availability of parts.they even got rid of their tools supposedly when i told him i had the gears coming.
That's Odd. Considering Gary K. has all the new gears and propshafts available for them, most bearings I was told were shelf bearings available thru a bearing supplier.

Anything wrong with your drives now RBesola? With the new Net forged gears, and 26 spline propshafts available, I think the IV's that are still around can be upgraded to take some serious power.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.