Serial Number Help for drive shaft housing  to replace bearings >

Serial Number Help for drive shaft housing to replace bearings

Notices

Serial Number Help for drive shaft housing to replace bearings

Old 05-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Serial Number Help for drive shaft housing to replace bearings

I need to order parts for my drive . It is a bravo one with no other id other than it is not a swep back style. I have them off and the number on the back is 1589-8867-C7 for the one and the second has 1589-864751-C01. Does anyone know what the actual number i have here is. Is it OM or what. I cant find anything on that. When i order parts do i use om864751 , witch is what i might think from the second number. Not really sure about the first other than the C-7. What im asking is what serial number selection would i use for ordering parts from mercruiser parts.com. I need to replace the bearings in the drive shaft housing on the universal joint . The oil seal filled the bellow with oil and as i inspected it , the bearings are shot. Any insights you might see with that or tips would be apprciated.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

What year do you think they are? Can you post a photo of the bearing side of the 2 upper driven gears?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Registered

I have the top cap off and i can email a pic to you . My boat is a 2002 cig mystique. The uppers look like they may have been relacements , They look a little newer than the lowers. I can send you some emails if you would not mind. I cant help to wonder how them bearings go bad, would there be reason for them to fail or have you or anyone seen them fail from normal use.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

I'll send you a pm with my email, it's not exactly top secret but putting it anyplace on a web site will probably overload my hard-working spam filters!!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Registered

Thank you