Notices

Bravo 1 issue

Old 09-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 1 issue

So I'm heading out on then water from my house and I see a go fast sitting with the hatch up. I make my way over to him, he lost a motor (the one with his steering) on his 38 ft Sonic. I offer to tow him in and proceed running about 1100 rpm for about 1/2 hour. After I cut him loose I went to put mine on forward gear and nothing! The past 2 times out I had to push the the shifter hard to get in gear. The shifter moves smoothley. Reverse if fine. I got my boat home and checked the gear fluid and was about half a quart low. Turns out the shifter cable let loose on the outdrive (pulled away from the threaded end).
It looks like an up hill battle to replace with out pulling the motor. Any ideas????????
Old 09-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Registered

I should read the entire post before commenting next time....

Last edited by Griswald; 09-28-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nonstop
So I'm heading out on then water from my house and I see a go fast sitting with the hatch up. I make my way over to him, he lost a motor (the one with his steering) on his 38 ft Sonic. I offer to tow him in and proceed running about 1100 rpm for about 1/2 hour. After I cut him loose I went to put mine on forward gear and nothing! The past 2 times out I had to push the the shifter hard to get in gear. The shifter moves smoothley. Reverse if fine. I got my boat home and checked the gear fluid and was about half a quart low. Turns out the shifter cable let loose on the outdrive (pulled away from the threaded end).
It looks like an up hill battle to replace with out pulling the motor. Any ideas????????
not really a big deal pull the drive and put a new cable in .replace the bellows at the same time
Old 09-30-2013, 07:41 AM
Registered

Thanks smokin gun. Got it done. Used some thin welding wire ,wrapped it around the end of the cable before I pulled it out and made it ALOT easier to get it back in. Made it the Chesapeake Inn by 2 to watch some football. As it turned out the guy I helped the other day lucked out also. Only pulled a rocker stud.