Notices

XR Value

Old 12-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fenderjack, I agree with what you are saying 110 percent, i was just stating my oppinion that you can run with bravo1's for a while and blow a handfull of them up before you reach the price of an xr witch can commonly give you just as many hours of life as the bravo1. saying that just seems to make sense to run the standered bravo1 instead of the xr unless your wallet can float the Bmax, six's or arnesons . just a thought
Old 12-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

I agree with you and not here to debate what drive is better. You are correct in your statement.So we agree on that.But the thing is !. The guy just asked what we all thought what his XR was worth.Threads just tend to stray far the original questions. JOHN SR
Old 12-20-2013, 02:37 AM
Registered

Thanks Fenderjack for getting control here. We are talking about performance boating here. Speed costs money, we all know this. Some guys use the drive just for that and know that they are gonna give a some point but choose this drive over say a bmax cause this is their belief. They also blueprint and pay a ****load of money for that which in most cases voids any warranty as metal is shaved and reshaped. The cost of trying to be the fastest. If i decide to sell great if not it will be because of the info I have gathered on here to help make a good decision. I know many people who have shown interest to what price I don't know at this point and it doesn't matter. Bottom line is nothing is guaranteed when you start creeping over say 80mph in most boats. I know guys that have had big cigs with XR's and plenty of HP to roll all day everyday with no problems. As someone said if you drive like a maniac better have a big check book. If you want longevity couple your bravo up to a stock 454 and roll on. I know having a single screw I don't want to be breaking down and blowing through bravos relying on towboat or a buddy to tow me in. It is just a shame the merc did not make these a little more resilient or did they?

Fenderjack, you can roll with me any day bud. As long as my drive holds up! Lol
Old 12-22-2013, 08:33 AM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

I think bottom line is your drive is worth whatever someone may pay for it from 1500-6000. Depends on what they know about XRs and what there previous experience has been with them. Personally I would not buy one. But I do have one to sell with blown up uppers and a snapped vertical shaft.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GAZ
I think bottom line is your drive is worth whatever someone may pay for it from 1500-6000. Depends on what they know about XRs and what there previous experience has been with them. Personally I would not buy one. But I do have one to sell with blown up uppers and a snapped vertical shaft.
I would be interested in the upper case and prop shaft if you want to sell them and they are good.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:57 AM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by eddie
I would be interested in the upper case and prop shaft if you want to sell them and they are good.
It's all in a crate. (The one my SCX came in) I'll sell it all. Don't want to part it out. NO Guaranty's or Warranty's. I know the uppers are trash and the vertical shaft is snapped.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I'm the one who threw the $5,000 figure out there but I said "if as represented". That is, less than 20 hours, Imco steering cap, shower, sportmaster lower. Taking his word on that, don't insult the seller with offers under $2,000!
Old 12-22-2013, 10:21 AM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I'm the one who threw the $5,000 figure out there but I said "if as represented". That is, less than 20 hours, Imco steering cap, shower, sportmaster lower. Taking his word on that, don't insult the seller with offers under $2,000!
Not sure who this comment is aimed at. But no insult intended from me.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Coast Mar Exp
From just looking at the picture and not seeing what it looks like internally fair market value should be right around $2,000.00.
At $ 2000.00 , with less then 20 hours ? I'll take as many as you can find. Oh wait... you wont find any that cheap!
Old 12-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

I sold a fresh 0 hour rebuilt with new gears XR upper for $3400 last year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.