Notices

Alpha drive leak

Old 06-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great. I have been sweating bullets the last hour. Got everything else running good so I'm free to burn the go go juice!!
Old 06-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tore the lower off today and it looks like the seal between the lower and upper is messed up. So that looks good for the leak?? But I got a little bit more prob. The gimble bearing is shot. It was bad last yr and is toast this yr. prob is I have a little bit of water in the u joint bellows. About 1 cup or so. 2 yrs ago I redone the bellows and put on new. I flooded the boat last yr for about 10 min (forgot plug). I wonder if thats how it got in there? The u joints are not rusted and really nothing looks rusted. I don't really think the bellows is leaking but not sure. I also had a rip in the gasket between the drive and gimble housing. I put some silicone on it but maybe not enough. I guess I could reseal the bellows up again. I'm ready for a bravo and junk this alpha!!