Alpha/ Bravo hybrid >

Alpha/ Bravo hybrid

Notices

Alpha/ Bravo hybrid

Old 10-22-2014, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jonesyfxr
ok. I just thought i read something once. Maybe it was before my coffee kicked in!

Would a bravo bolt to an alpha gimble?
the old style gimbal"s you could swap the helmets out just take the two pivot pins out and put a bravo helmet in place. You will need a external water pump if you are running an alpha now
Old 10-22-2014, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by So2fast5u
Sure would be sweet if u could slap a bravo on a alpha gimbal!!
the old style gimbal"s you can swap the helmets out, just take the two pivot pins out and put a bravo helmet in place. You will need a external water pump if you are running an alpha now

what year alpha are you running?
Old 10-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hullofjustis
the old style gimbal"s you could swap the helmets out just take the two pivot pins out and put a bravo helmet in place. You will need a external water pump if you are running an alpha now
Alpha Gen II ring is close to a bravo ring. You need to open up the bottom ears a fuzz and bore the holes for the ram pin to the larger bravo size.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:31 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

The Intermediate shift cable would need to be changed to a bravo app, You want the Bravo transom assembly also. The bravo ring and bell housing is stronger (a lot stronger than an alpha). You 4 sure want a stronger gimbal ring than a alpha ring matched up with a Bravo drive.

I am 100 % sure you could never make an Alpha One NON GEN II gimbal ring and any of the transom assemble to work with a bravo outdrive and bell housing. To further the statement, The OP has an Alpha one in which you could not even install a Gen II alpha outdrive to it. It is not a simple bolt up conversion. That does not work either even with mods. You have to buy all the correct parts including trim rams for it to fit and work properly 100 %. If not, trying to fab this and that and piece this with that, really all I can picture is some junk cob job.

Also pretty sure a gen II alpha ring would not work for a cross over anyways even with a few mods done to it for a Bravo outdrive conversion..

Bravo transom assembly needs 2 more holes drilled in the transom for installment when converting from alpha to bravo.

Last edited by BUP; 10-24-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:45 PM
Registered

I can guarantee an alpha gen II ring will work for a Bravo. I'm running one right now.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by So2fast5u
Sure would be sweet if u could slap a bravo on a alpha gimbal!!
It doesn't quite work that way. The gen II housing and bravo housing share the same PN, but that's about it. The ring needs some light modification, bravo helmet, bellows, hoses, shift cable, etc. I had a broken ring and wanted to get back on the water fast, I made it work, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do or that it's even advisable.

Last edited by Quick2500; 10-24-2014 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Autocorrect is a d-bag
Old 10-24-2014, 09:04 PM
BUP
Banned

Changed my mind about a comment. it did not matter anyways.

Last edited by BUP; 10-24-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Registered

BUP, saw your original comment and agree completely.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:17 PM
BUP
Banned

Sorry I really did not read yours and thought you did the bell housing and ring and shift cable and bellows and trim rams for a conversion plus the fab. I did not realize that you had an Bravo app already thru out all your posts. Keep in mind the alpha gimbal ring is not that strong so I hope you are not running a high HP & torque engine combo., I have seen certain years that they seem real brittle. Just saying, I have a lot experience with alpha apps thru out my years.

Last edited by BUP; 10-24-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Registered

Yeah, it's a total band-aid. I'm going to put a HP assembly in over the big W.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.