Notices

-2 IMCO's

Old 05-22-2015, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -2 IMCO's

Has anyone run -2 IMCO's on a 29 Scarab?
Old 05-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can you get on plane with a three blade prop. I know it is a twin app but my 34 Scarab would blow out with three blade props ( 25 Mirage ) After installing -2 IMCO shorties I went to 24 pitch Bravo 4 blades. The boat handled better and I gained about 2 MPH. The improvement in handling was worth it. Where do you live? If you lived local to me I would let you try one of mine. I have a -2 and a -3
See if you can find someone with one that you can try out with them along for the ride. All it should cost you is some drive oil.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
Can you get on plane with a three blade prop. I know it is a twin app but my 34 Scarab would blow out with three blade props ( 25 Mirage ) After installing -2 IMCO shorties I went to 24 pitch Bravo 4 blades. The boat handled better and I gained about 2 MPH. The improvement in handling was worth it. Where do you live? If you lived local to me I would let you try one of mine. I have a -2 and a -3
See if you can find someone with one that you can try out with them along for the ride. All it should cost you is some drive oil.
I can get on plane fine, even without trim tabs. Mine is a twin small block "383's" with 25p mirage. Are you running bravo1's? Did your -3 bolt in place?
where did your prop shaft height end up?
Old 05-26-2015, 08:54 PM
Registered

I ran the -2's on the SCARAB - I run the -3 on the Daytona. The Scarab liked the -2's, I would try the -2's. Yes I was running stock 28 pitch Bravo 1's. I don't remember how far the props shafts were below the hull on the SCARAB ( I think they were about 3 to 4 inches.)
The -3 on the Daytona puts the prop shaft at one inch above the lowest part of the hull. I couldn't begin to get on plane with the 28 Bravo 4 blade until I increased the negative trim.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
I ran the -2's on the SCARAB - I run the -3 on the Daytona. The Scarab liked the -2's, I would try the -2's. Yes I was running stock 28 pitch Bravo 1's. I don't remember how far the props shafts were below the hull on the SCARAB ( I think they were about 3 to 4 inches.)
The -3 on the Daytona puts the prop shaft at one inch above the lowest part of the hull. I couldn't begin to get on plane with the 28 Bravo 4 blade until I increased the negative trim.
did -3 bolt up to a bravo1
Old 05-27-2015, 10:35 PM
Registered

Yes it will bolt right up BUT you need to do a little clearance work to clear the prop. I just bolted on an old cav plate from IMCO and used a sawzall to cut off what hangs below the cav plate. Then I cleaned it up and sealed it off. works great.