Bravo 1 Gets stuck when going down or lowering unit >

Bravo 1 Gets stuck when going down or lowering unit

Notices

Bravo 1 Gets stuck when going down or lowering unit

Old 11-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 1 Gets stuck when going down or lowering unit

Bravo 1 unit. Boat in salt water, lives on lift. 2 years of usage . 100 hours.

This year I was on an extended trip and the boat has been sitting on a trailer since April (it was cleaned and rinsed well b4 its long nap). The lower unit was stored in a down position (maybe 5-8 on smart gauge). Batteries fully charged. The unit goes up all the way no problem. Lowering it sticks at 10-7. If I jump on it and some works the switch it will go down all the way. Then you can bring it up and down and no sticking.

....leave is sit for a couple of hours and same problem same solution.

Before I put it in the water for the winter season here (Florida) I would like to fix this...any solutions, b4 I replace anything. Oh yes fluids are full and connections are good.

Thanks,
Old 11-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably need new end seals on the trim rams. Just went through the same thing with one of mine. It was cheaper easier and much quicker just to buy a brand new complete ram, hoses and all off eBay and just swap the old one out.