Bravo 1 Oil Refill Pump >

Bravo 1 Oil Refill Pump

Notices

Bravo 1 Oil Refill Pump

Old 09-15-2016, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts
Default Bravo 1 Oil Refill Pump

I did a quick search and found some DIY setups. Anyone know if Teague, cp performance or anyone else sells a bravo refill kit? I'm sick of using the $15 hand pump. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-15-2016, 08:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I made my own pump, buy a 1 gal pump up sprayer, cut the hose ,install a 1/4 inch ball valve, connect the threaded end of the oil pump that screws into the drive to the sprayer hose and you have it, it works great & fast .
Old 09-15-2016, 08:42 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

There is a high dollar pump out there that some marinas have, but it's several hundred dollars.
You can buy a manual pump that fits to the 5 gallon bucket of Mercury/whatever drive oil, and I think it fills a drive pretty efficiently WRT effort.

But I agree with the modified garden sprayer. I made one, and it works like a charm. It usually sits for 1-2 years at a time, and has yet to fail me over 10 years or so. I just keep it sitting in an empty 5 gallon bucket in the corner of the garage.

Tip: The warmer the oil is, the better as it flows quicker. If you are filling it in cold weather, or winter, etc. bring the new gear oil up to temp by leaving it in your truck with the heater running for a while, or putting them in a tub of hot water.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 09-15-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:30 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,108 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Problem with mine (12yrs old or so so now) is that it always get's borrowed, many times without me knowing. LOL.

Also, do yourself a favor and get the the Sierra fitting, it is the old Mallory fitting that is steel and swivels. It is much easier than the plastic fitting.

Sierra 18-9781

Last edited by SB; 09-15-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:16 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Many small shops use this

http://www.cdielectronics.com/produc...ller-551-33-1/
Old 09-15-2016, 10:30 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

And I use all of these. Gear case oil filler at the bottom of link. Showing dealer pricing and retail cause its the only way I can show it. I strongly recommend all you guys buy a the pressure checker and use it for any rebuilds of the drive after the fact. And use it at every gear oil change. Just asking how many owners do this form of testing to their drive ??. Extremely smart insurance for a measly 130 bucks and the tool is yours for life and a quality one at that. Plus it also can air pressure test headers, other exhaust systems including OEM stock manifolds and other components. Pennies to own one for all the testing you can do with this tool. Just passing it on as I have before.

http://www.stevensinstrument.com/gearcase.htm

Last edited by BUP; 09-15-2016 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 179 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by 253
I made my own pump, buy a 1 gal pump up sprayer, cut the hose ,install a 1/4 inch ball valve, connect the threaded end of the oil pump that screws into the drive to the sprayer hose and you have it, it works great & fast .
my exact setup. Works flawlessly. less than $20.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
And I use all of these. Gear case oil filler at the bottom of link. Showing dealer pricing and retail cause its the only way I can show it. I strongly recommend all you guys buy a the pressure checker and use it for any rebuilds of the drive after the fact. And use it at every gear oil change. Just asking how many owners do this form of testing to their drive ??. Extremely smart insurance for a measly 130 bucks and the tool is yours for life and a quality one at that. Plus it also can air pressure test headers, other exhaust systems including OEM stock manifolds and other components. Pennies to own one for all the testing you can do with this tool. Just passing it on as I have before.

http://www.stevensinstrument.com/gearcase.htm
I have a old snap on coolant system pressure tester that I put a fitting into for bravo drives to pressure test. So if you already have a pressure tester you can use it as well. But the price for that one is not bad at all
Old 09-15-2016, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just like they said above. Don't need any high tech stuff. A simple lawn sprayer. The fitting for the bravo drive. N hose clamp. Pump it up and wait for you're bottle inside boat to fill. 10 minutes. 25.00 bucks of high teckcnical sprayer stuff ������
Old 09-16-2016, 12:46 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by 253
Originally Posted by CDShack
my exact setup. Works flawlessly. less than $20.
Mine too. I don't even use a ball valve. Just a zip tie that holds the original trigger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.