Water intake scoop fabrication >

Water intake scoop fabrication

Notices

Water intake scoop fabrication

Old 04-20-2017, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
that's a possibility, but I cannot find anything wrong with said hose assembly...
it might not show. it could be restricted inside without looking it on the outside. it is a pain to change, but at this point not changing it makes no sense. while it is off, take off hose on inside and check for stuff against or inside transom fitting. You are also running essentially a big block on essentially a small block alpha pump. So this cooling system needs to be at 100%.

Last edited by dereknkathy; 04-20-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
it might not show. it could be restricted inside without looking it on the outside. it is a pain to change, but at this point not changing it makes no sense. while it is off, take off hose on inside and check for stuff against or inside transom fitting. You are also running essentially a big block on essentially a small block alpha pump. So this cooling system needs to be at 100%.
If it needs replaced, I've been unable to locate a OMC460/King Cobra replacement for a 27 year old hose... ideas?

I'll gladly order a new hose and swap them out, but the problem with this boat is just that... an uncommon, rare, only made for a hot minute 27 year old everything...

This is the best site I've found so far for parts, and most are discontinued, or not show

https://www.marineengine.com/parts/o...odel=754APEPWS

Is this the hose you are thinking?

https://www.marineengine.com/parts/o...=Transom+Mount

#76 — 913809 — HOSE, WATER INLET (1 required per assembly)
Replaced by 3852845

This part has been superseded.

0913809 [ More info ]
Unavailable
Replaced by 3852845
L/P 25.78

About Johnson Evinrude OMC

OEM Part
L/P 25.78 [ More info ]
Unavailable

I've reached my hand up there a dozen time, can't find anything external.

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; 04-20-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:25 PM
Registered

So.. I don't know if it's fate or what, but I just found a brand new one online for a reasonable price too! Ordering now!!!

Never before had I been able to find one! thank you for making me look again.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:07 AM
Registered

Good News Everyone! I used two small pieces of rubber weather stripping, top and bottom, to essentially push the intake scoops out just a hair. Where as before they were actually down in the sides of the lower unit, they now stick out just a tiny bit. Hopefully they now catch more water.
I'd attach a pic, like every other forum in the world... but I guess you'll just have to take my word for it...

I never realized how beneficial attaching photos was until I couldn't do it.

I can on the Tesla forum, Tahoe forum, Sea-doo forum, Sense forum... I guess I'll post picks on the Tahoe one. Those guys have boats too.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

upload to a photo sharing site like photobucket, then paste the image link into your thread. allows you to cross post the image to different sites with only having single upload.