Bravo XR stiff input shaft >

Bravo XR stiff input shaft

Notices

Bravo XR stiff input shaft

Old 06-01-2017, 01:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bravo XR stiff input shaft

Hi all, I have a strange problem with my Bravo XR drive. When I turn the input shaft by hand there is very stiff part during 360 cycle, like 320 degrees turns easily then then remaining 40 degrees very stiff. When I pull off the back cover this problem doesn't exist. I have repeated this and checked that the detent ball sits in correct like ten times. But something seems to push something with the back cover installed and causing the stiffness. The gears look like a new to me. Any idea what this might be??,

Thanks
Old 06-01-2017, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts

I guess I don't really see a stiff input shaft as a problem. I think most here will agree.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Registered

Yep... I have also been thinking that maybe that is just normal. The only strange thing is that the stiffness occurs only at certain "degrees" when spinning the shaft... but maybe even that's just normal...
Old 06-01-2017, 06:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 217 Likes on 126 Posts

One side of the shift cam is rubbing the high spot on one of the bump rings... try pulling or pushing on the shift linkage and see what it does....most likely, the cone isn't quite centered in neutral, so the fork isn't either, the detent ball is holding the fork in place, when you take off the back cover, it floats.... I wouldn't worry about it
Old 06-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
One side of the shift cam is rubbing the high spot on one of the bump rings... try pulling or pushing on the shift linkage and see what it does....most likely, the cone isn't quite centered in neutral, so the fork isn't either, the detent ball is holding the fork in place, when you take off the back cover, it floats.... I wouldn't worry about it
That's exactly right. Wont happen once the drive is installed because linkage will not move that far.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Hi, and thanks for the reply. When I have a look at the mechanism from the back, yes, it looks to be like something you mention. Just to make sure, the stiffness occur only in forward gear (when shift lever/cable pushed) and not neutral or reverse. Do you still think this is something not to worry about??

BR