Bravo 1x up/down tilt clicking but not functioning >

Bravo 1x up/down tilt clicking but not functioning

Notices

Bravo 1x up/down tilt clicking but not functioning

Old 09-21-2019, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 1x up/down tilt clicking but not functioning

Hello to all! I appreciate this forum as it's been a great source for info on my 95 Forumula 271 sr1 Special Edition INDY model. Bravo 1x. Prev owner had 502 Mag fully rebuilt and new drive gimbal, and most all mechanical redone in 2016. I have records and have only put 25 hours on it since purchase due to illness. It only has a total of 45 hours on it since the rebuild. It's covered lift kept. I say all this just for background.

A couple months ago I noticed when testing thumb switches on throttle the power trim screeched loudly both up and down. It was dry on the lift and after working the buttons for several trips up and down screeching was gone and all was normal. I tried it again a couple weeks later and still fine. Last thurs I took the boat out on river after several months of life on the lift and noticed that the power trim did not function up or down. Back on the lift I could hear a solenoid/relay click from pump area when pressing buttons up and down but no other sound. Nothing. I checked the blue and green up/down wires at the pump/solenoid and both show 12v when buttons are pressed so power is getting there.

Any help or direction would be appreciated as I'm finally feeling better and would like to take the boat out but without the power trim working it is a slow cautionary unfun ride with trim stuck fully in!!

Last edited by daxxer12; 09-21-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

remove and clean the connections on both ends of primary power and ground wires to the pump.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:00 PM
Registered

Thanks, will do this shortly.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:48 PM
Registered

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work. I even tried cutting out the existing red positive primary with a direct shot with the positive from one of the batteries to the green and then blue wire terminals on solenoids to pump. I was expecting to hear pump or other noise. Nothing, no click or pump noise. Maybe I did it incorrectly, but it seemed pretty straightforward. I'm bummed. What is next step? I'm still left with just a single click from each solenoid when I press the up/down switch. And that is apparently wired directly as it causes a click at solenoid with both batteries turned off.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

the main power wire for the pump should go to a 1" "cube", make sure you have power on both sides of the cube, as its actually a fuse,

If you have a helper, have them hit the button while you have a test light on the wires from the solenoid to the pump, if you have power then the pump my be bad
Old 09-21-2019, 08:36 PM
Registered

Well, the main primary power red wire goes to the solenoid with the blue wire and from there to the second solenoid with green. I forget at this moment which is up and which is down. I don't see a cube?? Only the black, blue, green going into pump. When I bypassed the current primary red wire and ran a wire directly from batt terminal to solenoids green terminal (then blue) wires, shouldn't that have fired the pump up?

I'm attaching two pix from after I managed to get the solenoids free from the metal bracket so I could see them and hold them. It is a small space, difficult to maneuver, and I'm a big guy. This is how the wires look. Some apparently have been spliced with diff color wires but after staring at them a bit it's clear which is red blue black and green. The thick primary red comes into the blue wire solenoid and spiders out from there. Someone smeared a lot of dialectic grease everywhere on the connections which, I guess, is good. You can see the three wires going into the pump. Also there are two wires that are burned at ends of butt connectors. They are the up/down switch wires coming to the solenoids. They don't look great, but apparently work since depressing the switches on the throttle lever causes the solenoids to respond. --- well, skip the pix for now as I seem to not have attachment privs.

Last edited by daxxer12; 09-21-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:15 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Green (grass) = down
Blue (sky) = up

You need at least 10 posts to post pics
Old 09-22-2019, 07:25 AM
Registered

I get the 10 posts as I run a Harley forum with thousands of members ( HDRidersUSA.com ) and pix can get out of hand. But with technical issues pix are often helpful... and we give latitude.

No worries! I'm almost there with post count ...

Thanks on the blue/green clarification!
Old 09-22-2019, 03:47 PM
Registered

And the BLUE sky up and GREEN grass down is the perfect tool for remembering!!!
Old 09-23-2019, 10:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
the main power wire for the pump should go to a 1" "cube", make sure you have power on both sides of the cube, as its actually a fuse,

If you have a helper, have them hit the button while you have a test light on the wires from the solenoid to the pump, if you have power then the pump my be bad
I'm going to try this today. I am assuming that where the blue/green/black wires go into a connector which goes into the pump/motor, is what you are referring to as the "cube"? I'm helperless currently so it's difficult to reach or get one's face near to get a good look, much less pull the "cube" out to test the other side. Unless you're willing to gamble that you won't end up upside down with little leverage to push yourself up and out!! But I'm on it ...

Last edited by daxxer12; 09-23-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.