Notices

Twin outboards

Old 01-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

[QUOTE=rak rua;4720527]Yeah, I thought your post was rude and offensive, bordering on despicable.

[/QUOTE

It is good to have friends who are willing to show me where I have gone wrong. Seeing as it is a new year I resolve to not do it again.

Padraig
Old 01-04-2020, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

takes more than that to offend me...

So the boat is a 31ft Condor flybridge, fairly shallow V hull. Was originally fitted with a 8.4ltr inboad but previous owner had it repowered with a single 225 2 stroke outoard!! I now have a pair of 250 Verado's to go on but to save me having to adust the transom i need to go out to 37" rather than the 26" that Merc say to get the right height. She is for fishing mainly so not bothered about flat out speed. Will be docking her in a tidal estuary so i was thinking further apart would actaully be better anyway??
Old 01-04-2020, 03:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Good you're not too thin skinned, much better post ^^^^^....

Are you mounting direct on the transom or on a bracket? You could use adjustable brackets to get your engines up a little (if I'm understanding the set up correctly). Obviously cost would come into play too.

If she's a wide beam boat, I can't see why you wouldn't get away with 37". Would be nice for docking as you say and performance would be a big improvement over the single 225. Someone smarter than me (almost anyone) will be along to agree/discredit me I'm sure.

RR

Old 01-04-2020, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Welcome back m11kg. This is a good group of people. It sounds like a cool project.

Padraig