Notices

Bravo Questions

Old 02-16-2020, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bravo Questions

Hi, I'm new to the board, I've been searching all over trying to learn about this new to me outdrive I'm gong to be swapping to in my fishing boat. I'm replacing the old OMC stringer in my Skipjack. I built a new motor, its about 450HP and it wasn't going to handle it. Now I'm trying to learn everything about the Bravo I can, thanks in advance for the help. I bought a Bravo One off of a guys Daytona, it believe it's about a 1989,numbers on the upper unit are OC899568, I believe this is the "First Gen"? The lower looks different, has an extended nose cone.

This lower which has the numbers 1656 8865-01 stamped in. What should I reference when looking for parts for the lower? Is this a regular B1 lower with a nose cone welded on or an aftermarket housing or totally aftermarket part?

Does anyone know what threads are on the Shift Handle Tool 91-17302 ?

I'm looking for a transom assembly as well. I don't want to get the wrong one.What's the difference between the bravo gear lube systems? I think I have read that it changes but I don't know when or how to tell. I have a square oil reservoir assembly that I would like to use if possible. The upper appears to have the oil line (valve?) in it. How do I make sure I ge the correct Transom assembly\ gimbal?

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2020, 01:46 AM
Registered

Does anyone make a silicone hose kit? Especially for the water inlet hose thru the gimbal ?
Old 02-19-2020, 01:16 AM
Registered

Can anyone tell the differences between the different years or generations of Bravo One's? The bravo 1989, I have doesn't feed oil from the upper to the lower ( as far as I can tell) is this the case with early and all B1's?
Old 02-19-2020, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 321 Likes on 244 Posts

Have a look at this thread to see how I removed it

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...nd-this-is-all

So far as the hose kit use 32-8M0090859

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...bravo-itis-fix
Old 02-19-2020, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

shoot me your email and I will send you the Mercruser History Section 7A manual which explains all of the models and intercompadability, with pictures.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 321 Likes on 244 Posts

Oh forgot that question, the manual is a good thing to have around, pic from it