Bravo 3x oil leak into water inlet passage

Notices

Bravo 3x oil leak into water inlet passage

Old 03-29-2020, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 3x oil leak into water inlet passage

Greetings from the UK.
I've replaced the quad ring in the oil passage within the water inlet and not solved the leak. Now I've recently seen reference to a "puck" (what I would call an expansion plug) on Bravo 1 drives in the wall between the oil passage and the water inlet, installed ahead of the prop shaft. Can anyone tell me if this same puck is used on the Bravo 3x which could be the source of my leak.
Many thanks,
Peter
Old 03-29-2020, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

I would think this would be a possibility only if it had dual water pick ups, all the B3s I’ve seen only have side pick ups, which wouldn’t have the additional cavity running down towards the front of the bullet

Old 03-30-2020, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running into a similar issue on my Bravo 1 where it leaked a little oil out of the side-water pickup this winter. I looked through some old threads that mentioned the Quad Seal and also some small O-Rings to replace when you separate the upper/lower units. Does anyone know the part #'s for the Quad Seal and required O-Rings? I found a kit but it's $60 and appears to have a lot of other seals I don't need. Do I need part's #4 and #5 on this diagram? https://www.cpperformance.com/s-5437...ortmaster.aspx

Thanks