Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
Throttle stick drive trim up only works when the key is on? >

Throttle stick drive trim up only works when the key is on?

Notices

Throttle stick drive trim up only works when the key is on?

Old 05-05-2020, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Throttle stick drive trim up only works when the key is on?

Hi, I just took my boat out of storage over the weekend as I live in Michigan, I have a 2006 Mercury 496 Mag HO and a Bravo 1 drive. I'm having issues with my throttle drive up trim switch where it will only trim up when the key in the ON position. It was working normal at the end of last season in the fall. The drive trailer switch on the dash panel works fine both up and down without the key on. The throttle trim switch works fine in the down position without the key on, but when the drive is fully down and I press the trim up switch on the throttle nothing happens, no clicks, no alarms, no sound, nothing! The trim gauge is working fine and is showing the correct position of the drive and the drive up works fine as long as the key is in the ON position. I'm running dual batteries and I have double checked all of the wires going to the batteries, the wires are certain lengths where they will only attach to the batteries in a certain configuration and everything looks correct and I don't see any unattached wires. I'm aware of the drive up limit switch that prevents the drive from going up any higher as a safety precaution but the drive is all the way down when I'm pressing the up part of the drive switch on the throttle stick and nothing happens. Any thoughts or ideas as to what the problem could be????