Bravo One XR stuck in forward - Help! >

Bravo One XR stuck in forward - Help!

Notices

Bravo One XR stuck in forward - Help!

Old 07-23-2020, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I took the drive off now.
No problem with the shift cable linkage or the jaws.
Tried to push the yoke up, but it still stuck.
Tried to take the drive shaft and spinn it with my hands and at the same time push the yoke up, but it still stuck..

Now what..?
Take every piece out of the drive?

Old 07-23-2020, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Remove the socket head screws (item 13) on the shifter yoke and shifter linkage.
Find a screw which will screw down into the top of the shifter shaft (item 7). The screw will be used to pull the shaft out the top of the housing.
https://www.mercruiserparts.com/bam/...0990/10270/140

Not sure but the screws that are removed should be able to be used to pull shaft, thats how I pulled mine on a standard Bravo

Old 07-23-2020, 01:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Remove the socket head screws (item 13) on the shifter yoke and shifter linkage.
Find a screw which will screw down into the top of the shifter shaft (item 7). The screw will be used to pull the shaft out the top of the housing.

Not sure but the screws that are removed should be able to be used to pull shaft, thats how I pulled mine on a standard Bravo

You guys are awesome on this forum

Will try this tomorrow when back in garage and see how it goes! Will I be able to shift it back to neutral after that or is it more steps after?

Thank you again.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:13 PM
Registered

Will I be able to shift it back to neutral after that or is it more steps after?
I think something happened that's going to cost some more BOAT dollars. For anything else it should have already snapped back to neutral
Old 07-23-2020, 01:20 PM
Registered

I think something happened that's going to cost some more BOAT dollars. For anything else it should have already snapped back to neutral
Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if that's so..
All the gears I can see from now looks good, nothing visual broken
Old 07-24-2020, 11:37 AM
Registered

I have now removed the screws and the shaft.
And the shift yoke. It was a little notch on the shift yoke and the shaft.

With the shift yoke removed, I still cant move the clutch to neutral..

Old 07-24-2020, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Now unscrew the big pinion nut on the front of the drive. Pull out the drive shaft and pinion gear. Now you can lift the gears and cone clutch out of the housing. Next, put them in a press and pop the clutch out of the bottom gear as JaayTeee explained.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
Now unscrew the big pinion nut on the front of the drive. Pull out the drive shaft and pinion gear. Now you can lift the gears and cone clutch out of the housing. Next, put them in a press and pop the clutch out of the bottom gear as JaayTeee explained.
I dont have the tool to unscrew the big pinion nut. Is there a special tool for Mercruiser Bravo drive or can I find some at a tool shop somewhere? Like this

Old 07-24-2020, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

The p/n for the wrench is 862219A1, you need it to torque the pinion retainer nut when you put it back
together

a couple of othe things of note, the shift fork goes in with the nuts facing down and the gears have to be timed, there’s + and - on each eccentric ring on the gear, rotate the gears so the marks are at the centerline of the shift shaft bore in the case, match up - and + or visa versa, just don’t align the same 2 marks, then you install the pinion gear back in the case

Last edited by JaayTeee; 07-24-2020 at 01:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JohanSweden (07-25-2020)
Old 07-24-2020, 02:28 PM
Registered

I wouldn't try to remove with just a pin wrench, the special tool is a joke IMO (bad design) but has several hardened pins which to hold about 3/4 around. Need to find someone that could loan it. I'm see where its going to get way involved and going to need more tools as it progresses
The following users liked this post:
JohanSweden (07-25-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.