Drive oil leak need help! >

Drive oil leak need help!

Notices

Drive oil leak need help!

Old 08-31-2022, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive oil leak need help!

I have a 2003 32 dominator twin 496 mags. Bravo 1’s with 28 p 4 blades. About a month ago I noticed drive oil in my bilge. I took my drive off and the bellows were full. I replaced carrier seal, all gaskets, orings, bellows, and replaced the 90 clip. I was good for about two weeks. Filled my reservoir several times and Took it to my local shop they pressure tested it and it tested at 15lbs and they sent me on my way. It leaked the whole reservoir in no time. Again in my bellows. The replaced the carrier seal for a second time, replaced my short yoke (said it was showing wear, a u joint and sent me on my way. It now has been two weeks and it is leaking again. Any suggestions I have no oil in my bilge and I would bet it’s in my bellows again.

Last edited by jps9287; 08-31-2022 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Might need another drive shop
Pressure test should be no more then 5 psi and rotate shaft to check. Then put a vacuum of about 2 in Hg and rotate