OPA/ St. Clair Race Results

Notices

OPA/ St. Clair Race Results

Old 07-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Shoot'n Motion @ 1/80 Sec
Commercial Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzilla
Last report was busted testing. Geico runs uncontested.
Look up sharkeys post.
JBS, cracked up the port rear section, from the last step back to the transom. I do not know details. The boat does float though.

Geico did not run uncontested. Cat Can Do, actually led initially, and put in a good fight for most of their race. Geico did win though.

Qatar 95 won Supercat 750/850 Class.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a shame!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Eaton Photos
JBS, cracked up the port rear section, from the last step back to the transom. I do not know details. The boat does float though.

Geico did not run uncontested. Cat Can Do, actually led initially, and put in a good fight for most of their race. Geico did win though.

Qatar 95 won Supercat 750/850 Class.
Whm did not show?
Old 07-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Shoot'n Motion @ 1/80 Sec
Commercial Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzilla
Whm did not show?
Yes, Billy did show up.

Order of Finish in 750/850, was: Qatar 95, WHM, BWP aka (JDBYRIDER)
Old 07-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What Happened To Talkin Trash??????
Old 07-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

I got to watch the race online today and quite honestly, I was extremely disappointed. Not a knock on the competitors, because they race what is given to them. Each of them battled and I'm sure it was even considered good racing.

The problem is calling that event offshore racing. This was a 4 mile course set in a river. There needs to be a different name for this type of racing so that the history of true offshore racing is not tarnished.

I'm still scratching my head and wondering how offshore racing became what I saw today.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lightspeed
What Happened To Talkin Trash??????
came in last they never seemed to get hooked up
Old 07-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeybandit
I got to watch the race online today and quite honestly, I was extremely disappointed. Not a knock on the competitors, because they race what is given to them. Each of them battled and I'm sure it was even considered good racing.

The problem is calling that event offshore racing. This was a 4 mile course set in a river. There needs to be a different name for this type of racing so that the history of true offshore racing is not tarnished.

I'm still scratching my head and wondering how offshore racing became what I saw today.

I was at the race and this year and the race course was 4 miles and it was great for the spectator's to watch, compared to when the boats raced Offshore in the Ocean where nobody could see them race other then the racers. Call it what you want but this is what the spectators want to see and hear, continuous race action and this year we saw the entire race course and the boats came by the spectators a lot more time, then in the good old days when all you saw was them leaving and then come back. That was real exciting for the spectators.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
I was at the race and this year and the race course was 4 miles and it was great for the spectator's to watch, compared to when the boats raced Offshore in the Ocean where nobody could see them race other then the racers. Call it what you want but this is what the spectators want to see and hear, continuous race action and this year we saw the entire race course and the boats came by the spectators a lot more time, then in the good old days when all you saw was them leaving and then come back. That was real exciting for the spectators.
I was at the race. I was very impressed with the entire setup. I couldnt believe how great the city of St. Clair was and a very nice setup!!!!!!! For me it was A++++++ I think we can all think of what was in the past but need to realize things have changed and in todays world be happy that we still have races at all. Thanks to all involved it was a PERFECT weekend. PCR
Old 07-26-2010, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smokey, We will race to hell and back if you get out your bank account!,now-a-days it cost alot of MONEY to go racing,By running the courses that we do today it allows us to bring in sponsors like Bill Jarvis to keep offshore racing going.The price of doing bizz keeps on going UP.....Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.