Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Electronics
Which Sub/Amp route should I go >

Which Sub/Amp route should I go

Like Tree3Likes

Which Sub/Amp route should I go

Old 02-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Registered

My Boat: 37 Outerlimits

I installed a pair of rockford fosgate 12s last year in a free air mode and they really hit hard and sound great. With that said I would not be afraid to go with a pair of 10s in that small boat. FYI a pair of 10s is going to be way more bass than the tube route. The other thing to consider is you overall power w amps and the headunit. With running your 4 main speakers off the head unit you dont need a ton of power and for that matter one 10 with the amp you have may be sufficient. On the other hand if you add an amp to your full range speakers down the road youll want the pair of 10s.

Do you have a spot to put the subs?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FQsSMwod5SAAzQ
Old 02-26-2014, 09:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boat: 87 Cigarette Hawk

JR, use JL Subs, you have heard mine.... I have 4 but 2 do the job and all JL amps, I use Alpine type R for mids and highs... the stereo sounds amazing.....
Old 02-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Registered
VIP Member

My Boat: Sold Formula to pay for tow boat us law suit

Really? A ZUESS?

Wholly cannoli crap man! Hope those MTX 's aren't pointed at the back of your head, or you'll be wondering how Mike Tyson ended up behind you on your boat!

Originally Posted by phragle View Post
Im going to be running 2 MTX 10" marine free airs mounted on the front of the back seat. I have an oldschool hifonics zues to power them till it gives up, then I will get a marine amp. Should work with the free airs, that amp pushed 2 12's to ungodly volumes before.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Registered
VIP Member

My Boat: Sold Formula to pay for tow boat us law suit

Also.....

When it comes to a head unit, consider what you want from your system. Good sound? Loud? Reliable?

Clarion makes a very nice dbl din with display capable wired remotes ( control from multiple locations)

If mounted open.....at helm....in overhead (cc tower) you want an ipx3 or higher rating.

Never.....NEVER buy a sony speaker. I was the product developer for the entire marine line...and got nothing I asked Tokyo for. All.....I repeat....all marine speakers from Sony will not make it past the 1st season.

JL.....awesome

Wet Sounds.....also

Alpine....2

Clarion....3

Run away from fusion and ken wood.

Sell ur sony crap!

Sorry......