Lots of new stereo equpment for the Concept 30' >

Lots of new stereo equpment for the Concept 30'

Like Tree0Likes

Lots of new stereo equpment for the Concept 30'

Old 02-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Registered

My Boat: 2000 Concept 30 SF w/twin 225 OptiMax
Default Lots of new stereo equpment for the Concept 30'

My previous boat, a Velocity 260, was wired up pretty good. I had One Kicker L7 12" Sub up under the v-berth powered by a Kenwood Class D 1800 watt Mono amp, 4 Kicker 6-1/2's powered by a Kicker 100.2, and 2 DC Gold 6x9's (mounted n the transom) powered by a Kicker 250.2. I ran a Fusion MS-ip500 head unit with a wired remote at the helm and one at the transom. This was a pretty loud and super clear set up, that really sounded good outside of the boat. I know it doesn't sound like a lot of power, but when done right, you don't need a lot... We spend most of our time backed up to an island or at a sand bar. So an emphasis was put on making it sound loud and clear behind the boat. Well we sold this boat earlier this winter and sold it with all stereo equipment in place. Now that we have bought a Concept 30 Center Console, I have a new platform to work with.

A friend of mine had an insane stereo system in his Ford F-150, that was totaled out (roll over) a few months back. He has had this equipment taking up space at his house for a while now and just wanted it gone. I picked all of the equipment listed/pictured below for $1k. Here is a list of what I got, along with the price new.

2 Rockford Fosgate T1D412 12" Dual Voicecoil Subwoofers ($400 each)
1 Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP Power Series 1500 watt mono Amplifier Capable of 1900 watts at a 1 ohm load ($800)
1 Rockford Fosgate T600-4 Power Series 100x4 RMS Amplifier ($600)
2 pair of Boston Acoustic Pro Se 60 6-3/4 Component Speakers w/X-overs ($350 per pair)

So basically $3k worth of equipment.... All of it is practically new as it was never really pushed to its capabilities considering it was all in the cab of a pick up.......

My goal is to once again use a Fusion head unit, this time the ms-ip600 (has internal ipod dock) mounted at the helm and a wired remote at the transom. Not sure exactly where I will find room for the monstrous 12" subs, but I will.... I plan to mount the Boston 6-3/4" speakers in enclosures that will be mounted up on the radar arch. The boat already has 4 Infinity 6x9s powered by a JL amp (I don't have the specs on it right now). While this may seem overkill, it was a killer deal I couldn't pass up. While the speakers are not "marine approved" I don't plan on them seeing much, if any, exposure to water, since they will be mounted up under the radar arch. If and when it does rain, they will be under the bimini top. I have had non-marine speakers last years and years if taken care of.... This spring should be fun...

Old 02-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Registered

My Boat: 1998 Cigarette Top Gun .. 750 pfaffs . mitcher t paint ,

good deal . stereo equipment aint cheap