AGM battery charger >

AGM battery charger

Notices

AGM battery charger

Old 05-18-2014, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 405 Likes on 241 Posts
Default AGM battery charger

Can someone recommend a good quality AGM battery charger that can be mounted in the engine compartment?

Also what amp charger would you recommend for 2 group 31 batteries? Probably will only need one of the batteries charged over night most times. One battery is for engine, the other for stereo when I'm parked.

Thanks for any info
Old 05-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

underpsi68 I hope somebody answers because I need one for the same set up that you have.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had two group 31 batteries wired together (parallel) and charged them off of one 15 AMP bank of my Guest onboard charger. It would charge both up to 100% (or very close) overnight (figure we would plug in about 7:00PM and unplug at about noon the next day).
Old 05-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Registered

I see that Optima came out with some battery chargers/ Maintainers. I wonder if they would work being mounted

http://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us.../digital-1200/
http://www.optimabatteries.com/en-us...r/digital-400/
Old 05-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 67 Posts

I had Waves & Wheels add one when they did the stereo and LEDs. I'm not sure what brand it is so here's some pics. Hope it helps.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Registered

I would pass on the Optima's. They don't look like they would install very well.

Consider the Prosport Pro Mariner; either 12 or 20. Much better than the basic Guest's. Dual bank but they will sense and deliver up to full output to which ever battery needs the charge. Guest 20 is like having two 10a chargers in one box. Both are AGM capable. The biggest factors for long life are 1. NOT running them down completely 2. charge depleted battery back to 100% as soon as possible 3.maintain at 100%.

Ctek has made a name for themselves in advanced charging. I have a 7002 I use for its advanced capabilities on all my batteries individually. You could probably get by with it rigged to your selector switch. Stepping up to the 25000 would surely deliver a robust charge and with 25A of power supply, could plug into a generator on the water to keep you playing all day. (assuming you start on the generator. Trying to charge a dead battery AND play puts too much strain on the power supply)
Old 05-21-2014, 09:50 AM
Registered

I am using the 3-bank version of Dual Pro's Recreation Series to charge the Odyssey's in my DCB. Not terribly expensive, easy to mount, clear LED indicator lights, and working great so far.

http://www.dualpro.com/products/recreationseries/
Old 05-28-2014, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 405 Likes on 241 Posts

Thanks for all the replys.

I wound up buying the Promariner Prosport 20 dual. I made quite a few phone calls to many companies. It seemed like a decent unit for the money.

Thanks again for the help!