Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Electronics
JL vs. Wetsounds. oh boy! >

JL vs. Wetsounds. oh boy!

Notices

JL vs. Wetsounds. oh boy!

Old 09-25-2015, 05:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally think 4-6 Rockford 8's would sound amazing in your boat if u wanted to do a budget system I would push them with a arc audio or wet sounds amp not the jl audio. Overpriced for what u get
Old 09-25-2015, 05:50 AM
Registered

My wet sounds amps gave been flawless
Old 09-25-2015, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

As an installing Marine Electronics Company that sells and installs a lot of JL systems daily we do NOT see hardly any failures when installed properly. I have also had the opportunity to do a few wet sound systems as well
They sound loud but IMO I think the JL's sound better.
If you buy from a Marine dealer they can handle any warranty issues you have without sending it back to the factory as well.
Either way both good systems.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have 2 JL 7.7's blow at a year old. Bought directly from JL online but for warranty repair I had to find an authorized dealer to send them in for me, I couldn't send them in directly, how much sense does that make? The dealer loved going through that BS for speakers they didn't sell. A month after I got them back both 1" JL tweeters have crapped out. I will probably just buy new instead of going through the crap to get them fixed under warranty. They sound great but I am not impressed with their warranty policy at all.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Registered

That's why I would never buy online
Old 09-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Wet Sounds are pretty impressive, really impressive actually!

Nothing wrong with the JL's, besides being overrated, overpriced, and normally underpowered (user error).

I also like the Focal but am happy with a properly set up Alpine, Kicker, or Rockford setup. Just no Fusion speakers or AMPS! (head units and remotes are ok)
Somebody else finally said it! Overrated, just like Blose!!!!!

Originally Posted by donzi matt
I have 2 JL 7.7's blow at a year old. Bought directly from JL online but for warranty repair I had to find an authorized dealer to send them in for me, I couldn't send them in directly, how much sense does that make? The dealer loved going through that BS for speakers they didn't sell. A month after I got them back both 1" JL tweeters have crapped out. I will probably just buy new instead of going through the crap to get them fixed under warranty. They sound great but I am not impressed with their warranty policy at all.
That's what happens when you let you're product get whored out all over the internet. I know Sonic Electronix is NOT an authorized dealer, they actually remove serial numbers from JL product so it can't be traced. Wet Sounds, on the other hand, keeps a pretty tight leash on their stuff. As an authorized dealer (and other dealers as well), I always try to keep them notified on places or people trying to sell online that aren't authorized to. They're website has a list of online dealers, and there aren't very many.

Something else to watch out for, especially with Focal, there are fakes out there. Lots of info on Focal's website about that.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Notch above
All syn series amps a2 Chanel 4channel and there 6 channel (I don't like the 6) with a rockford sub amp
jl
I rarely use the Syn6. We stock the Syn2 and Syn4, but rarely use the 6. The Arc 900.6 is the same, just as weak.

The Syndicate amps from Wet Sounds share the same board as the Arc series amps, and have the same Robert Zeff processor.

My old Supra that I sold in 2012 still has the 6 Wet Sounds Syndicate amps that I installed in 2009, and all the speakers from the update in 2011. That's pretty good for a wakeboat that gets abused weekly.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My "local" JL Audio marine dealer is 45 minutes away, and not open most of the winter. I didn't buy from an online retailer, I bought directly from JL Audio online. They are a legit product with serial numbers, and they did warranty them, but it is more than a little annoying that JL will take my money over the internet to sell me a product, but to actually service that product I need to drive to an authorized dealer that had no part in the sale to warranty them. The dealer handled it professionally for me, but it is a little uncomfortable for me to ask them to help out a customer that didn't buy from them.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:42 AM
Registered

I understand, I was just adding to the story.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Between JL and Wetsounds (if that's the debate), I would say Wetsounds hand down.

I don't have either, but have heard both. Both are expensive mind you! lol

I thought I had a loud setup until a pontoon with Wetsounds showed up at a 40 boat raft up. The Wetsounds stuff is clear AND loud. Definitely noticeably more than a well set up JL system. Even my setup is pretty close to JL!

Personally, I run some rockford mids/highs, polk audio mids/highs and Kicker subs. The Wetsounds stuff is like 4 times the price of the mid/high speakers I have. Are they 4 times better? Not sure...

But if your debate is JL or Wetsounds, I would go Wetsounds without a doubt. I want some - I just don't want to pay the asking prices for that stuff. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.