Head unit recommendations? >

Head unit recommendations?

Notices

Head unit recommendations?

Old 11-26-2015, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Head unit recommendations?

For years I've been an Alpine fan but it seems that everyone is offering less and less in the marine head unit industry. I need to replace an older Sony unit and want a quality piece. I never considered Fusion quality (prob misconception), but I'm interested in their 750. Any opinions?

My only requirements are must be Bluetooth, must have 3 pre outs and must offer a round remote similar to the Sony that can fill that hole in my dash.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

fill the hole and look at Wetsounds https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/WW-VC-BT.html

Last edited by lightning jet; 11-27-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

This plugs into your amp or EQ and then amp and plays from your phone or tab
Old 12-24-2015, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fusion is great, but you'll pay for it. The radio shape is different, so that may require some cutting.

I sell a lot of Clarion. The M303 and M502 is great, but only has 2 sets of preouts. 1 is rear/sub. They have optional remotes that are the same diameter as the Sony. A lot of the newer Sony head units work with older remotes.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in the same boat, I just opted for a newer Sony unit that interfaced with my existing Sony remote. Was easier that way and was in a hurry. The Sony unit has Bluetooth, Pandora interface, tray for my old iPod. So that was good for me. Bought off eBay for 130 bucks.

I paired that up with 2 JL MHD amps and 2 JL 8.8s, 2 JL 10s, 2 JL 7.7s, 2 extra tweeters. Sounds awesome for my taste. I may add 2 more 8.8s in the Spring, still undecided.

I wanted the fusion but didn't want to deal with a new plate from Innotech due to its size and running new wiring for the remote.

EDIT, this is the unit I put in....same plugs as my old Sony unit. I realize isn't the top of the line, but made sense for me for the reasons stated, ease of install, wiring, etc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-DSXS310...sAAOSwo6lWKVdn

Last edited by Pwraddr; 12-24-2015 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I have installed several Fusion 700's and 750's. Everyone is happy with the performance and features. Although the face is larger the cutout is single din standard. The depth is of the Fusion 700/750 can be a concern if there is limited clearance behind the unit. Specs are out there so measure before you buy. They are pricey but the features and benefits in a marine application are well worth it. If your budget will allow, I highly recommend.