Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Electronics
SIMRAD NSS Evo2 or Raymarine es75/76 or ?? >

SIMRAD NSS Evo2 or Raymarine es75/76 or ??

Notices

SIMRAD NSS Evo2 or Raymarine es75/76 or ??

Old 01-23-2017, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIMRAD NSS Evo2 or Raymarine es75/76 or ??

Hey guys,

Been doing a bunch of reading on various posts in regards to options here for chartplotters and what people are liking/disliking. Not having any experience with any option, I am not bias towards one or the other, instead, im looking for functionality, integration, maps, and lastly, cost.

Here's the layout, boat is a cat with twin 525's and has 0 electronics on board, so its a blank slate. Looking to integrate various items, here is what Id like to leverage, would like to hook up the 525's to the screen as a backup/alarm/monitor, also will be adding in the Rockford Fosgate PMX source unit with CAN-BUS NMEA2000 in order to view also on the screen. Obviously, mapping, and depth/sonar. Primarily operating on lake, but will have the occasional ocean trip, but nothing major... West Coast/Catalina/SanDiego Area...

With that said, Im still very green on the options and understanding what the benefits are on some verse the others. What I have read is that most guys running performance boats prefer Hybrid screens, meaning a touch and knob control. I have also read that the Garmin units have faster response times when imputing commands.

Based on what Garmin has to offer, I don't see a Hybrid, you either get Button control or touch screen, but not both.. Again, maybe Im not looking in the right spot, but that's the reason why I didn't put a Garmin Option in the title. If Im missing one that offers that, please feel free to educate me. I have also looked at the Lowrance, but the HDS does not offer a Flush mount, not to mention is would stick out and IMHO would look slightly hideous in a boat, but I do like the HDS Carbon.

That brings me to the 2 options I have in the title, the SIMRAD and the Raymarine, sorry couldnt adjust the title its the ES78 version..

Any help, feedback, pros or cons is welcome..

Thanks in advance..

Chris

Last edited by headshothills; 01-23-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:56 PM
Registered

Evo 3!
Old 02-17-2017, 01:55 AM
Registered

I put the es98 on my boat last year and love it. I think it's just a matter of taste between the two.