Inverter question?? >

Inverter question??

Notices

Inverter question??

Old 05-02-2017, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inverter question??

Anybody use an Inverter to run the AC and other accessories when not plugged into shore power? Just wondering how effective they are and if it would be worth the addition. Thanks
Old 05-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 932 Likes on 469 Posts

I haven't done it personally but we deal with Dometic here where i work as we make the A/C pumps for their systems....they have been playing with inverter's for a few years now....only real downside to them is the amount of juice you need to run them for extended periods of time...if you look at their current systems, some say they need like 4 deep cycle batt's or more!!!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-02-2017, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was kinda figuring that 4 deep cycle batteries would work best. Currently the boat runs two. We do have a Honda 2000 gene that we can take with us then plug into the shore power once at anchor or tied up. Just figured it would be nice to be able to run it while putting along.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 414 Likes on 244 Posts

I have run my 5000btu dometic a/c on a duralast 1000watt inverter for 2 hours on one group 31 agm battery for 2 hours. At that point the inverter cuts out do to low voltage. The battery started the engine like it was fully charged. I have 2 batteries and just wanted to see if it would start the engine.