Pioneer Wired Remote >

Pioneer Wired Remote

Notices

Pioneer Wired Remote

Old 06-29-2020, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Pioneer Wired Remote

Anyone out there have any experience with Pioneer DEH Head Units. I recently replaced my DEH-P5000UB Head unit with a DEH-X7800BHS. CD, Blue Tooth, Pandora HD Radio bla, bla . My older P5000 was mated to a CD-MR80D wired remote that ran off of an IP-Bus line. My newer X7800 will not talk to the older MR80D. Does anyone know if the newer CD-ME300 marine wired remote will work with the X7800 head unit. Only care if it will turn volume up/down and change source. Please help, I have been waiting on Pioneer for 2 weeks for an answer. Better yet, if you have a ME300 remote you are not using, and wanting too get rid of it, let me know.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:41 AM
Registered

UPDATE ON WIRED REMOTE COMPATIBILITY:
I received my CD-ME300 wired remote over the weekend and installed it today. Pigtailed it in first to try it out. Worked to control all functions on the remote. After puling out all the old wired remote system and installing the ME300, which took several hours because some things were not easy to get to, finally got it installed in its permanent location and hard wired in. All I have left to do tomorrow, is clean up the floor plates and re-install and tidy up the wiring.
Here is my one major ***** about this Pioneer product. No one who sells or works with Pioneer products, would check this out before I spent the money to buy the remote. Piss poor customer service from at least 6 retailers I contacted and Pioneer Customer Service call in line. I call them all out as BS and would advise others to call them out for not knowing their products and the compatibility. So for all you who are wondering if or what wired remote will work for your, RV, Boat, Semi-Truck or what have you, I would say if your head unit has a headphone style jack on the back marked WR, it will most likely be compatible to the CD-ME300 Wired Marine Remote. Good Luck and Thanks to Justin at Waves and Wheels for insight on wired remotes with displays and non displayed models.
The following 2 users liked this post by Helmwurst:
Gimme Fuel (07-08-2020), SB (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been eyeballing that CD-ME300 remote. I figured it would work since it had the same headphone remote jack. I know the old sony remotes used same plug and used to work with the Pioneers as I had done that in past in a boat.

I installed a newer Pioneer digital media receiver, which I absolutely love especially for tunability, BT reception, and on-app settings control. My current boat never had wired remotes and have been wanting one on the transom. I will end up with one of these remotes.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel View Post
I have been eyeballing that CD-ME300 remote. I figured it would work since it had the same headphone remote jack. I know the old sony remotes used same plug and used to work with the Pioneers as I had done that in past in a boat.

I installed a newer Pioneer digital media receiver, which I absolutely love especially for tunability, BT reception, and on-app settings control. My current boat never had wired remotes and have been wanting one on the transom. I will end up with one of these remotes.
I would definitely try it before you drill the holes. One thing I don't know is how long they last getting wet all the time. My old wired remote was wet several times and still worked.