Trim sender - Smartcraft >

Trim sender - Smartcraft

Notices

Trim sender - Smartcraft

Old 07-10-2020, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Help with Smartcraft Trim sender

I have some questions about my trim sender how to install it right. I believe that I have the Smartcraft harness on my engine because all the gauges is Livorsi and it says Smartcraft on the engine cover. My trim gauge dont respond when I tilt my drive up and down. It only says ”down” all the time.
The gauge seems to work, when I switch the power on the key it goes up and down like the other gauges.

Mercruiser 496 Mag (rebuild to HO)
The engine serial number is: 0M680267
Engine year of manufacture: 2003

My trim sender and trim limit that comes from the back of the transom from the drive is cut of back at the transom/behind the engine.
The both senders have the 2-pin wires like you can see on this picture.

I have bought a new trim sender. The digital 3-wire trim sender because I was told this one is the one that can connect to the smartcraft system.
Mercruiser part nr: 8M0095310 (Trim sensor kit)

The problem is that, the only cables I can find to install the trim sender to at the engine is these cables:
-Black, red and blue. (The blue has a cap on it)

On the black cable it says ”Trim/trans overtemp ground”. And I really cant find any other cables..

Is this the right cables to install the new digital 3-wire trim sender to? Or do I miss something in my harness?

Appreciate all the help I can get, thank you!

Last edited by JohanSweden; 07-10-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If anyone is interested to hear how I installed it I can tell.

I didnt have the transom harness on my engine. So I had to locate the trim sender connections at the transom harness connector.

black w/ purple, orange and a grey cable.

Got my new trim sender kit from Mercury and had to install it on the port side of the drive.
not the starboard side as original.

But now it works!
Old 04-18-2021, 03:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my new trim sender kit from Mercury and had to install it on the port side of the drive.
not the starboard side as original.

But now it works![/QUOTE]

Hi Guys,

this article is a bit older, but I hope someone can help me.

I'm running with a Merc 350 MAG with ECM 555 (2008)

I was also told that I can use the digital trim sensor for my smartcraft. Before I had analog gauges and a smartcraft vesselview...the trim sensor was faulty what pointed me to the decission to order the digital trim kit.

Not sure if there are different smartcraft harness in use. I can't find a "Transom Harness to engine". From the Transom I only have the cable for trim sensor and trim limit. The harness is with three bullet connectors where my old analog trim sensor was connected with two cables, the orange one (Digital Trim) wasn't used before.

Now I have the digital trim sensor and not sure how to connect it...do I have ordered the wrong one???? My understanding is that I can use a analog trim and I have to select with the two cable what kind of gauge I want use.

Page 2A-26 / 2A-27 document Brunswick 90-865612010

Thanks for helping
Dirk

Sorry can't add links or pictures