VesselView/sc monitor install question

Notices

VesselView/sc monitor install question

Old 08-13-2020, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts
Default VesselView/sc monitor install question

Hello,

I currently have the sc1000 monitor connected to my 496ho. I would like to purchase the vesselview mobile. How would I hook this up so I can keep the sc1000?

Im thinking I need a cable that goes from the engine wire harness to a junction box. Then I can plug the sc1000 and vesselview into the open ports of the junction box. Would this be correct?

Thank you
Old 08-20-2020, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by waterman
Hello,

I currently have the sc1000 monitor connected to my 496ho. I would like to purchase the vesselview mobile. How would I hook this up so I can keep the sc1000?

Im thinking I need a cable that goes from the engine wire harness to a junction box. Then I can plug the sc1000 and vesselview into the open ports of the junction box. Would this be correct?

Thank you
singles can be set up with a junction block or direct with just a wire harness, so pull a panel and see what you have, either add a junction block and go to both the vvm and sc1000, or if you already have a junction block just add your vvm and be good to go.
Old 08-20-2020, 10:38 PM
Registered

Hello,

The harness that is connected to the engine has a male plug and the Junction box has a male plug. Is there a cable that has a male and female plug? I’ve looked but can’t find anything.

Thank you.
Old 08-20-2020, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by waterman
Hello,

The harness that is connected to the engine has a male plug and the Junction box has a male plug. Is there a cable that has a male and female plug? I’ve looked but can’t find anything.

Thank you.
can line numbers below, i have done a couple twin installs never a single, i assume it would be the same... mercury tech guys are great 920-929-5000

Old 09-01-2020, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

for singel: Harness Number after T_ are feet. T20, T30...... at the JBox are the Number the ports the box have. You need min a 4 Port. 1 Engine 1 Termination, 1 Sc1000, 1 Mobile, If you like the mobile have a out wire you can conect the sc1000 and you save a port for the next gauge ore active Trim......
Old 09-01-2020, 10:07 PM
Registered

for twin i use this setup, its simple and works fine.

If the engines don`t have the (a) like my engines, you can cut in one (d) harnes the purpel wire. Without cutting the purpel in one harness, both engines are ignition on with one engine ignition switch. The ignition of both engines are connect together without the cutting.

Last edited by MikeScarab28XLT; 09-01-2020 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:07 PM
Registered

Hello,

Thank you for the replies. I have the Merc monitor, not the sc1000.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:21 AM
Registered

Mercmonitor ore Sc1000 are the same in connecting. Harness came are sometimes with diffrend connectors, so sometimes you can go from gauge to gauge ore you can only use the jBox to add a new gauge. Than all gauges are on the JBox. If you add the fuel sender to the engine, you can view the fuel on Mercmonitor, than you need a AGI. This AGI connect to the JBox and it translates the digital to the old fuel gauge analog ore you change the analog gauge to a new digital gauge. This digital gauges have diffrend style to your analog gauges....... So make a plan what you like to install, so you can pick the right jBox 4,6 ore 8 ports.