Transducer installation Echomap Plus 73SV

Notices

Transducer installation Echomap Plus 73SV

Old 04-09-2021, 04:32 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Transducer

Just call these guys. https://www.thegpsstore.com/
Give them your garmin model number and Tell them you want an airmar p79 style transducer thats compatible with it.. They are very knowledgeable there are a couple different models depending on frequency of the sounder and plug style. They will tell you exactly what's needed. After that I can send you a link to a video that shows install. Not my video but is very helpful
Old 04-09-2021, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by F14A water jet View Post
Okay, so now I am looking for a recommendation of an "in-hull" transducer (mounts in bilge and shoots through the hull)...to work with my Garmin.
Also, my factory through hull is still in place...will its sound (output) interfere with a new transducer (echos, etc...)?
Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin View Post
If you want to do a through hull, you need to find a spot that isn't cored. My Velocity had a transducer glued in that I was able to knock out easily. I used the Airmar P79 transducer directly over the old transducer location after I filled it with solid resin. Works well for me, I have seen depths of over 400' with it and in fish finder mode it has targeted fish as I cruise down the river.
If your existing is just glued down, just knock it out and put the Garmin in the same location. That way you're sure your not over a cored section. Plus you don't have to worry about interference, most transducer's use the same frequencies.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 118 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueabyss View Post
Just call these guys. https://www.thegpsstore.com/
Give them your garmin model number and Tell them you want an airmar p79 style transducer thats compatible with it.. They are very knowledgeable there are a couple different models depending on frequency of the sounder and plug style. They will tell you exactly what's needed. After that I can send you a link to a video that shows install. Not my video but is very helpful
Thanks...will do!
Old 04-09-2021, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin View Post
If your existing is just glued down, just knock it out and put the Garmin in the same location. That way you're sure your not over a cored section. Plus you don't have to worry about interference, most transducer's use the same frequencies.
Good idea...
Old 04-13-2021, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It can be a pain getting anywhere below the engine to mount these with the engine still in, just an FYI.
Old 10-07-2021, 02:18 PM
Registered

What are these "returns" on my sonar? (red circle)
This picture was taken sitting in my boat lift cradle with the boat down in the water (to get the sonar to work). The water depth seems quite accurate.
I have installed the thru-hull transducer puck Garmin GT15M-IH Transducer with a 20 degree adapter (so the transducer is flat) to my Echomap 73sv. The puck is offset from the very center of the keel (due to the way the boat spine is constructed, etc...) about 10 inches. So the puck is about 16" above the lowest point on my boat (being the drive skegs) when the drives are down. Therefore, I added a 1.5 foot "keel offset" to the Garmin defaults.

Old 10-07-2021, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 270 Likes on 142 Posts

Thats aquaman, swift and powerful monarch of the ocean and his sidekick aqualad, who gaurd and defend all that lives in the sea against the forces of evil !

Old 10-07-2021, 10:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by outonsafari View Post
Thats aquaman, swift and powerful monarch of the ocean and his sidekick aqualad, who gaurd and defend all that lives in the sea against the forces of evil !
Good, I thought it might be the Creature from the Black Lagoon (I'm old).
Old 10-07-2021, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 270 Likes on 142 Posts

Creature from the black lagoon is an all time favorite. Fun fact, it was filmed in florida tho set in the amazon.
right now i'm watching elviras movie macabre, she's screening the brain that wouldn't die.
if i stay up late tonight and sleep in i can blow off for another day rebuilding the stupid carburetor.
Old 10-08-2021, 07:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by outonsafari View Post
Creature from the black lagoon is an all time favorite. Fun fact, it was filmed in florida tho set in the amazon.
right now i'm watching elviras movie macabre, she's screening the brain that wouldn't die.
if i stay up late tonight and sleep in i can blow off for another day rebuilding the stupid carburetor.
I am from Jacksonville, FL and I heard CFBL was filmed in the area...underwaters at one of the springs (Weeki Wachee?) and city stuff in Jax.
Our over-the-air TV in Florida includes The Comet Network...which has a lot of those old "scary" movies.
The following users liked this post:
outonsafari (10-08-2021)