Where To Mount a Camera? >

Where To Mount a Camera?

Notices

Where To Mount a Camera?

Old 04-01-2021, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Where To Mount a Camera?

Just purchased an Infinity KAPPRV515 head unit for the boat. It uses NMEA 2000 so I plan on mounting it to the passenger dash and using the network to control it from the drivers side with my Garmin. It has a camera input. Not sure that it will send the video to the Garmin so it would be watched by the co-pilot. The instructions give an example of using it in a live well. I don't have a live well. What would be a good thing to watch with this input? Skier, prop, out drive, engine bay (my have to add lights)??? Throw some ideas out there. Not a big deal but little cameras are cheap and already doing a ton of wiring and panel removal.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:18 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

What kind of boat, and what use?

I fabbed a small plate that filled the stern light opening in my 28' Pantera and mounted an Axis F1005-E camera there. I like being able to see behind me without having to turn around as often, and it makes keeping track of some of the flyers a little easier during shotgun start runs.

Its got a pretty wide FOV so I always see the last ~1' of the swim platform, and the well above the horizon at any given time. It is also setup to record constantly to SD, so if anything cool happens I can always pull footage later.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 64 Posts

It's a 23' Crownline open bow ski boat. Will be using for cruising, wakeboarding, and skiing. It does have a supercharged big block.