Audio Control amplifiers

Notices

Audio Control amplifiers

Old 04-27-2022, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 618 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Audio Control amplifiers

AudioControl LC-4.800 4-channel car amplifier — 125 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield

Have been looking at upgrading my system in my boat; it has a nicely installed Kicker system that sounds great for no more power than it has. Four of the cockpit speakers are driven by a Kicker KX200.4, which actually only puts out 25 watts RMS/channel with a 12.5v input one typically sees with the engine not running. My other boat had a pretty decent mainly JL Audio system in it, and what I liked about those amps was they had decent output at 12.5v; my 75 watt per channel @ 14.4 volts was still something like 64 watts at the lower voltage. So I've been browsing around looking at JL Audio amps again. However, I was seeing a lot of good references to these Audio Control amps. A little more money watt-for-watt than JL Audio, a few more features, a much better warranty, and a high signal to noise ratio (which is good). Some of these amps are only configurable by laptop...which I don't find desirable. But the one in the link looks pretty decent.
Has anyone any experience with these amps? Opinions?