Hertz speakers

Notices

Hertz speakers

Old 06-03-2022, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 628 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Hertz speakers

Continuing with the stereo system upgrades. Was about to pull the plug and order some JL Audio M6 series speakers but saw some good reviews on Hertz speakers out of Italy. CRUTCHFIELD now has a sound comparison feature on their website, where you can compare speakers (up to 4 selections), and I was impressed with how the Hertz sounded, using my Sony studio monitor headphones as the media. To my ears, the sound was crisper and fuller than the JLs (these are 6.5" speakers) and I listened to a variety of music for the comparison...everything from rap to classical with a lot of rock thrown in. So I got a couple of pair to replace the Kicker KM65s in the cockpit of my boat.
I've always been a JL Audio fan, and still believe they make great products but I am keen to find out how these Hertz speakers sound in the boat.

Hertz HMX 6.5-LD (White) 6-1/2" 2-way marine speakers with LED lighting at Crutchfield
Old 06-10-2022, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have done many stereos Hertz i feel I have all new JLs in my boat now and they are good to ok. I have six 7.7 M6 with there six channel amp and two JL w6 12" and there sub amp. When i ran Hertz i ran there high end ST25, there 6.5" mids and two 15" subs so i guess thats not really apples to apples....

Last edited by skydog; 06-10-2022 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-10-2022, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 628 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by skydog
I have done many stereos Hertz i feel I have all new JLs in my boat now and they are good to ok. I have six 7.7 M6 with there six channel amp and two JL w6 12" and there sub amp. When i ran Hertz i ran there high end ST25, there 6.5" mids and two 15" subs so i guess thats not really apples to apples....
But overall you were satisfied?

I like the look of these things, lol. The 1.4" tweeter is a cool feature.