Impressed with Eliminator >

Impressed with Eliminator

Notices

Impressed with Eliminator

Old 03-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impressed with Eliminator

My friend who owns a Marina in Indiana picked up a 26' (?) Eliminator in Lake Havasu about a month ago. The boat had no engine, but everything else was there. He spent the last couple of weeks installing a sweet motor and I was there when he fired it up today. The boat and motor combo was very impressive. I really liked the lines of the boat and the quality looked great. Impressive rigging as well.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Impressed with Eliminator

I own a 28 Daytona and yes Eliminator's quality is top notch. Not much talk of them here on oso though. It's seems like if you don't own a cig or an East coast boat it doesn't count...
Old 03-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Harper's onto something about the east coast bias. I sold my Daytona and I got at DCB, nothing from the east coast really turned my crank, that is what I could afford. Part of the bias stems from construction years ago, Eliminators were made for a California climate, very little rain and few ran on the chilly harsh Pacific. Lots of wood that is a potential threat to rot. There main goal was not offshore, but was to build very fast, efficient, lake boats for people who wanted something unique.
The big names on the East Coast started out as "offshore" boats. Much slower by west coast standards, but very tough. Lately there has been a blurring between the two schools, fountains in Cali, Eliminators in Florida. To me it seems a melting of the two schools, now the cigs are one of a kind with lots of bling and have made improvements in efficiency while the Eliminators are mostly composites built to take much rougher climates and waters.
With all the understanding stuff said, it burns my but to hear people diss Eliminator. I've found most of them have never driven one! One of my friends owns on the the largest performance dealerships and he said to me once," when you get ready to get out of that skanky Eliminator let me know." He's never been in one. There's no denying the efficiency and the progress that Eliminator has made on hull design, interior design and graphics. To me, most of the East Coast stuff looks cookie cutter, utilitarian,(All but the ultra high end stuff.) I can appreciate the open water ability of the East Coasters, but I will continue to whip them out on my lake.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some of the rigging\ attn. to detail is as nice as it gets.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

You are right KY. When I purchased my Elim, I thought that I never could have afforded the Eliminator Quality. I live in the central US and have owned several nice boats, Fountain, Wellcraft and another Eliminator. I love my boat. It handles rough water, looks fantastic, has lots of usable room and it didn't cost a arm and a leg. Eliminator is tops in my book. Everyone from Bob Leach to the guys in the shop. You can have the MTI's, Skater's, Nortech's but it hard to beat a Eliminator size for size, dollar for dollar. My ride is a 36 Daytona.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Registered

I feel Eliminator has stepped up their quality in the last couple of years. The gel coat work is outstanding, and the rigging is up there too.

I love my Eliminator but I think my next boat will be an east coast boat, Active Thunder, Hustler, Etc. One reason is the fact that out here in california Eliminators are so popular.

The east coast boats out here are more of a "what is that" kinda boat, and for me that will be the reason for getting something else.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain38
You are right KY. When I purchased my Elim, I thought that I never could have afforded the Eliminator Quality. I live in the central US and have owned several nice boats, Fountain, Wellcraft and another Eliminator. I love my boat. It handles rough water, looks fantastic, has lots of usable room and it didn't cost a arm and a leg. Eliminator is tops in my book. Everyone from Bob Leach to the guys in the shop. You can have the MTI's, Skater's, Nortech's but it hard to beat a Eliminator size for size, dollar for dollar. My ride is a 36 Daytona.

and his old ride is my 28 Daytona... Above is exactly why I went Eliminator as well..$$ for $$ they are tough to beat, and I have not been in another Cat yet that have as much interior room as the Daytona's do.

How have you been Robert? We may try to come out for LOTO run this yr, if we do we'll look you up.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdnca1
and his old ride is my 28 Daytona... Above is exactly why I went Eliminator as well..$$ for $$ they are tough to beat, and I have not been in another Cat yet that have as much interior room as the Daytona's do.

How have you been Robert? We may try to come out for LOTO run this yr, if we do we'll look you up.
I think Robert may be ready to get rid of his 36. I would take that 28 off your hands, if you want to go bigger.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by betitbig
I feel Eliminator has stepped up their quality in the last couple of years. The gel coat work is outstanding, and the rigging is up there too.

I love my Eliminator but I think my next boat will be an east coast boat, Active Thunder, Hustler, Etc. One reason is the fact that out here in california Eliminators are so popular.

The east coast boats out here are more of a "what is that" kinda boat, and for me that will be the reason for getting something else.

AT 33' or 37' will likely be my next boat as well !!!
Old 03-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Gary I decided not to sell. I turned down the opportuntinty to sell a month ago. It took along time to get my 36 and I really love it. I don't know what I would do if I got rid of it.

Cory, come on down!! Lets get together at LOTO. Steph and I will meet you all for a fun weekend. give us a liitle notice, Hopw all is well with yo all.

Quick Reply: Impressed with Eliminator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.