Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Eliminator (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/eliminator-35/)
-   -   Anyone Taken the Tres Martin Performance Boating Class? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/eliminator/138344-anyone-taken-tres-martin-performance-boating-class.html)

stangjeeper 08-22-2006 09:59 PM

Re: Anyone Taken the Tres Martin Performance Boating Class?

Originally Posted by grads2112
That sounds extremely low...too low. Do they know its a cat?

Yep spoke directly with the underwriter to make sure they knew it was a cat as I dont want to get cancelled later.

rbtnt 08-28-2006 08:43 PM

State Farm insured my 28 cat with stock 330hp engines. World Wide insures it now, but required 1 yr experience in a cat.

World Wide added a hp limit to my policy this past year and wanted a fortune to increase the liability to 500k.

Tres 08-29-2006 01:57 PM

Havasu in mid october, WHOs in???? and possible lake Lanier. Let me know.

jdnca1 08-30-2006 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by rbtnt
State Farm insured my 28 cat with stock 330hp engines. World Wide insures it now, but required 1 yr experience in a cat.

World Wide added a hp limit to my policy this past year and wanted a fortune to increase the liability to 500k.

Just buy an umbrella liability policy which will come into play after your primary (Markel) runs out.....1MM policy runs about $350.00/yr...some require certain minimums on your primary(s) though.

rbtnt 08-30-2006 08:36 PM

jdnca1, My problem was with my umbrella policy, they wanted to raise the deductible to 500K. Might have to look somewhere else for an umbrella policy if they force me to the 500K deductible.

See you at LK in a week.

Spine Tingler 08-30-2006 08:56 PM

I took Tres' course last week and after 23 years of boating, I really feel I got alot from the course.

gsmith9898 08-31-2006 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Superman
I took Tres' course last week and after 23 years of boating, I really feel I got alot from the course.

You were just happy to be in a boat again. :D

Tres 08-31-2006 02:33 PM

Its never too late to learn. Everyone thinks it happens to the other guy.Once again SKILLS FOR A LIFETIME.

Spine Tingler 08-31-2006 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
You were just happy to be in a boat again. :D

Well that didn't hurt, but I definitely am glad that I took the course and I would feel much safer if YOU would as well!!!! :drink:

Tres 08-31-2006 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Superman
Well that didn't hurt, but I definitely am glad that I took the course and I would feel much safer if YOU would as well!!!! :drink:

Did someone say,,, I have to get back to grand Lake??? I have someone asking again.