Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Eliminator (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/eliminator-35/)
-   -   Anyone Taken the Tres Martin Performance Boating Class? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/eliminator/138344-anyone-taken-tres-martin-performance-boating-class.html)

Adrenaline Junkie 08-19-2006 08:12 PM

Anyone Taken the Tres Martin Performance Boating Class?

Still shopping for insurance for my new 28 ICC.

Merkel is requiring me to tak Tres Martin's 2 day performance boating class outside of Orlando.

Have any of you taken this? Is it worth the trip?

Eliminator05 08-20-2006 05:17 PM

Re: Anyone Taken the Tres Martin Performance Boating Class?

Took Tres Martin school last spring (required by my insurance co.).
Very informational and learned a lot. There was only 3 in the class so it was very personalble. I would recommend it to everyone, with boating experience or not. I currently own a 2006 33' Eliminator Daytona. :drink:

stangjeeper 08-20-2006 06:49 PM

Just curiuos as Im currently looking to upgrade my current cat whats your insurance on the 33?

Originally Posted by Eliminator05
Took Tres Martin school last spring (required by my insurance co.).
Very informational and learned a lot. There was only 3 in the class so it was very personalble. I would recommend it to everyone, with boating experience or not. I currently own a 2006 33' Eliminator Daytona. :drink:

Jupiter Sunsation 08-20-2006 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
Still shopping for insurance for my new 28 ICC.

Merkel is requiring me to tak Tres Martin's 2 day performance boating class outside of Orlando.

Have any of you taken this? Is it worth the trip?

He runs that class nationwide, heard very good things about the class.

grads2112 08-20-2006 11:22 PM

What kind of discounts does Markel offer for taking the course? Does off set the $2500 course price?

Adrenaline Junkie 08-21-2006 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by grads2112
What kind of discounts does Markel offer for taking the course? Does off set the $2500 course price?

Merkel told me that it was mandotory before they would even write my policy since I have no CAT experience and have only been a Cruiser owner.

I saw a post somewhere else that said 10% off - but I didn't get that first hand since I was told I didn't even have a choice...if there is a discount - I doubt it'll offset the $2,500 class cost.

Eliminator05 08-21-2006 08:25 PM

State Farm $2k a Year :cool:

stangjeeper 08-21-2006 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Eliminator05
State Farm $2k a Year :cool:

They just quoted me $1500 a year for a 33ft Daytona 99 model valued at $125K :D :D So as long as everything else works out, Looks like Ill be moving on up. :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

jdnca1 08-22-2006 01:59 PM

Either State Farm has changed their policys very, very, very, recently or they don't fully understand what they are insuring...because typically when they find out they cancel the policy. The above has happenend to several people on this forum, unfortunately AFTER they have bought a new boat even coming from a single engine cat state farm previously insured..... :blaster:

grads2112 08-22-2006 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by stangjeeper
They just quoted me $1500 a year for a 33ft Daytona 99 model valued at $125K :D :D So as long as everything else works out, Looks like Ill be moving on up. :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

That sounds extremely low...too low. Do they know its a cat?