Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
Hydromotive P5s >

Hydromotive P5s

Notices

Hydromotive P5s

Old 07-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMCO cavitation plates....Dont' ignore this to help your planing...I had a hard time believing it myself until I saw it work on other Eliminators...
Old 07-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ZBODaytona
I am surprised he can run the P5 as well. I have an 01 28 and I tried out a set of 30P P5's. The boat jumped up but no matter the trim the bow just felt stuck to the water. Top speed was similar to my 30p Bravos. I am back on the bravos now but i would like to try so P5X's or even the maximus one day, if i don't sell it soon. My 01 didn't like the P5..must be in the setup...
Well I have not got my P5s back yet but they are on the way Via UPS. I took out the boat this week end with the Bravo 30P 4 blades and my boat felt like it was 2000lbs over weight! Wow what a difference than with the P5's . If any of you guys say the boat does not like P5's then I must have a unique setup because my boat feels so much lighter and faster with the P5's then with the bravo props. As soon as I get the new & improved P5's back with the new defuser rings I will report my results. If I can get on plane I will be hands down keeping them ! I can say that the Bravo props suck on my boat. Here is an example. P5's 3000 rpms 55 MPH & 3500 RPM 66 MPH compared to bravo 3000 RPM 45 MPH & 3500 RPM 57 MPH. My boat feels like the Bravo props are sucking my hull deep into the water & the P5’s are freeing up the boat to be light and pack a lot of air just like the hull was designed to do!! Light & loose is fast!. By the way my drives are exactly 5 feet apart exactly 60 inches.. I measured them this week end.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

5 blades are lifting the rear of the boat, thus making it lighter feeling. also the 5 blades will have less slip thus the higher speeds for the same RPM.
Im currently going through the same prop dilemia's and Id love to try a set of P5's but I have a bow rider and fear the bow may not lift as well.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by QWKRN U
5 blades are lifting the rear of the boat, thus making it lighter feeling. also the 5 blades will have less slip thus the higher speeds for the same RPM.
Im currently going through the same prop dilemia's and Id love to try a set of P5's but I have a bow rider and fear the bow may not lift as well.
QWKRN I am learning that these boats don’t need bow lift. The hull will float the bow on its own & the bow lifting props are actually sucking the ass down into the water rather than freeing the boat up to air out. You should definitely try a P5 & not a P5X!. I had spoke extensively to the guys at Hydromotive & they also said the P5X is not the prop you want for a cat hull. So don’t listen to all the people telling you to use a bow lifting prop they don’t know what they are talking about. I am telling you from 1st hand experience the P5 is what works best with these hulls. The only problem is getting on plane & I just received my props back today with the longer diffuser rings so I will report my results after this week end. If this helps me get on plane with less prop blow out than I am really happy! If this does not help than I will have to install a center tab to help flop the nose over when planning.

Last edited by NJDave; 07-17-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered

I have a center tab on my boat. I feel that unless you have the wide dana tab its a waste of money. I have the regular K plane style tab on mine. I dont disagree about normal closed bow cats responding well to the P5. Im just finding that the bow rider is a different animal. I may be trying a set of 28p Maximus props that are smaller diameter and have been labbed to see how those work. Right now my slip is at 18% Id like to get it down.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NJDave
QWKRN I am learning that these boats don’t need bow lift. The hull will float the bow on its own & the bow lifting props are actually sucking the ass down into the water rather than freeing the boat up to air out. You should definitely try a P5 & not a P5X!. I had spoke extensively to the guys at Hydromotive & they also said the P5X is not the prop you want for a cat hull. So don’t listen to all the people telling you to use a bow lifting prop they don’t know what they are talking about. I am telling you from 1st hand experience the P5 is what works best with these hulls. The only problem is getting on plane & I just received my props back today with the longer diffuser rings so I will report my results after this week end. If this helps me get on plane with less prop blow out than I am really happy! If this does not help than I will have to install a center tab to help flop the nose over when planning.
A cat with a big bowrider is different then one without one. I have hell getting my bow up. My boat is way faster when the back seat is full of big boys then just me by myself. I am using a P5X with good results. I have faster top speed with a lab bravo but since I have such a high X the boat would not stay on plain below 30 mph. I have not tried a P5. Might call Throttle up and have them send me one to try.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by QWKRN U
I have a center tab on my boat. I feel that unless you have the wide dana tab its a waste of money. I have the regular K plane style tab on mine. I dont disagree about normal closed bow cats responding well to the P5. Im just finding that the bow rider is a different animal. I may be trying a set of 28p Maximus props that are smaller diameter and have been labbed to see how those work. Right now my slip is at 18% Id like to get it down.
QWKRN are you saying that your tab does not work for you? I was thinking of a 12" x 24" Tab if the new larger prop defuser
does not work.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Registered

QWKRN are you saying that your tab does not work for you? I was thinking of a 12" x 24" Tab if the new larger prop defuser
does not work.

Does it work? Yes slightly.... Would I spend more than $500 to add one of this size? Not a chance. Ill be down at the lake this weekend. Ill measure the tab I have and let ya know the size. It does help but not much. Now if it were the big wide tab im sure it would make a huge difference.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Registered

QWKRN I am learning that these boats don’t need bow lift. The hull will float the bow on its own & the bow lifting props are actually sucking the ass down into the water rather than freeing the boat up to air out. .
Well when I put the P5's on the boat jumped up unlike what you are saying...My boat does it completly different. Once on up it felt like the bow was stuck in the water and would never float right. I think it has more to do with the setup. I haven't tried a p5x yet but the p5 was just wrong on my boat....
Old 07-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Registered

There are just so many factors to take into account with these boats....boxes/no boxes, X diminsion, POWER, top speed (100 is differnt than 130) drive spacing, fuel load, etc, etc. My boat's " X" is 1" below the bottom of the boat, with short drives (1" above) and P5X, it has way too much tail lift...from feel and video evidence. With std length drives, the P5X carry the boat very well. However, a bravo prop is still faster.... Slip for mine runs ~12.5% with Bravo's and just under 8% with P5X. Maybe some transom lifters with std length drives are worth a try though..

Last edited by jdnca1; 07-18-2007 at 12:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Hydromotive P5s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.