Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
26 daytona owners >

26 daytona owners

Notices

26 daytona owners

Old 03-31-2002, 07:41 PM
meyer

UT, In one of elimi pic, in the back gound is a snowmobile in the back of a truck. Can't see it to good with the cover on it. But give you a general ideal what they look like.

Old 03-31-2002, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

elimi
Great looking boat. I love the looks of the eliminators.

Update on water test (how not to do it)
Went to camp out at lake friday pm. In and around rain showers. Got up at 6am saturday in rain, & head to boat ramp. Put in water & started & checked for leaks & ?. All looked OK. Started to get on plan & engine will not get on plane & black smoke comming out exhaust.. Jspeedemmon said when he first started his it was super rich so did not thing much about it. Put back on trailer, back to camp & change jets. Back to water. Motor still loading up but can get it to plane out. Do plug check & way to rich. Back to camp. Change jets. Back to water. Will not idle in gear. Will not run, way to lean. Back to camp. This went on aprox. 8 times. Trip 9 to water I decide to up timing by 2 degrees. As I check where timing is I find that I am going blind. Had timing on TDC instead of 30 BTDC. Retime but now idle is about 1800 rpm. I start to pull box off to set idle & rain hits. Back to camp & wait for rain to stop. Back to water & boat idles but jetting to lean. 12 trips to water & day is over. Sunday morning put in water & boat will not plane outagain, too rich. Rejet. Back to water, try to plan out, boat barely makes it on plan. As coming on plan see no boost. Forgot to put hose on comming out of intercooler to box. Replace hose, & boat planes with no problem. Everthing sounding & looking best it did since starting. Hit throtle & motor raps to 4500rpm instantly but starts banging, plugs fouled from being so rich & timing off. Left extra sets of plugs at house so just cruise around lake. At least I made it to the water, maybe next week.
Old 03-31-2002, 11:59 PM
elimi

meyer- this is elimi's wife, we purchased the hull from Eliminator in Mera Loma, California, and we had the motor built in Kelowna,
British Columbia, we live in Vancouver, BC. We are water testing this weekend, so i will remind elimi about your measurement.

turbojack - thanks for the good advice!!!

Old 04-01-2002, 11:06 AM
Registered

Wow Jack that sounded like one hell of a day. Where are you at on jets, primaries and secondaries? Did you leave or remove the power valves. If you left them in that is why it is so rich, you could try starting out without them, jet with 74-75 on primaries and 83-84 on secondary, that should not be lean, just check and see on ramp, put in gear on ramp in reverse, with trailer in in water just far enough to get water pickups and prop in. A little ramp testing goes a long way, saves you a lot of wasted time. Once you get it close with jetting, then try the power valves, but I don't believe they are going to work unless you send the carbs to Nickerson, that seems to be the consensus. I'll bet the transom sure got blacked up.

Elimi-- Did you buy the sweet looking motor mounts, I love the look, or did they come from Eliminator?

Last edited by jspeeddemon; 04-01-2002 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I see on of you guys from NY has your 26' at PRI. As a matter of fact, there are two 26s, one with a whipple and one getting a whipple put on a 500hp.

Both really nice boats.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:29 PM
Sec Agent Man

Turbojack, I have a complete Nickerson motor in my 25 Daytona. I have 6.5 power valves in my primaries and my secondaries have been blocked off. My jetting in primaries are 88s and 94 in secondaries. Perhaps this will assist you in jetting. Another thing to look at is the float levels on your carbs, perhaps they are set too high. If you need more help in tuning, don't hesitate, I will be more than happy to help you. By the way, the jets above were adjusted for boost to kill, jets for low boost are 80s in primaries and 88s in secondaries. Same power valve above 6.5.

Perhaps your power valves may be too big, check them to see 4.5 - 6.5 are the average that I have experienced using. Anything bigger will enrichen the idle circuits. Once plugs are fowled, will not clean up. Replace ASAP. If you need carb work done Nickerson is the man. He will shoot you straight. No BS. Been dealing with him many years and haven't had any problems. If he asks who referred you, tell him Dave from Virginia sent you.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Old 04-01-2002, 10:26 PM
elimi

jspeedemon-the motor mounts were fabricated by Mclean Powerboats in Kelowna ,BC,Canada. They were custom made,fit,then powdercoated,then installed.There is a lot of powder coating on our boat so I thimk the powdercoat shop loved it!
Good eye for detail
UToys-we are thinking about coming down in may for the reggaatttaa-We will book soon as soon as we figure work situation out.Do you thimk the nautical inn will be booked up?
It will be a 24hr drive for us. It could be very scenic.We would need a guide or two to guide us around havasu and town as we have never been to havasu or area. Do you think you could help us out in that matter?

Old 04-01-2002, 10:38 PM
Sec Agent Man

If Uncle Toys replies to being a tour guide, perhaps we can tag along. We booked the Nautical Inn back in December but don't know about availability now.

You could always stay on the boat.

Let us know if you want to meet up once we all get there. We are looking to be at Havasu late Wednesday or early Thursday.

Old 04-02-2002, 08:53 AM
Registered

Thanks for the jetting info. I left Sunday night with 72 primarys, 8.5 power valves, 88 secondarys. I know the 72's are about perfect for 30-33mph crusing @ aprox 2300 rpm. Do not know how secondary are going to be. I went down to 85 on secondars one time but got scare when I reset timing & backed up to 88. This next weekend I got to go to wedding & will not get to try out but weekend after that I will go camping again & try.

SAM
I have the blowthru twin carb stage 4 procharger setup. What kind of setup do you have?
Old 04-02-2002, 11:14 AM
Uncle Toys

Elimi & S.A.M. Tour guide – absolutely! I even have a funny little hat to wear. Both of you guys, let me know the days you are expecting to be there and we will roll out the red carpet. Are you both trailering your boats out? That’s impressive! If not, we will try and make room on our boat. Hey STONE, the pressures on.

S.A.M. As of this morning, the elevation of Lake Havasu is 448.6 feet above sea level. Click on the ULR below for updates and weather at the Lake.

http://www.coloradoriverinfo.com/waterflowreports/

Quick Reply: 26 daytona owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.