Speed of a 2002 36 Daytona

Notices

Speed of a 2002 36 Daytona

Old 07-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 36 Daytona

I own a 36 Daytona with 500 EFI's. The boat is awesome. I previouly also owned a 28 daytona with 500's. Their is absolutly no comparison with a 28 to a 36. I have a 5 year old that watches TV at 80 in the cabin. It is incredablly smooth and I boat at LOTO occasionally and it takes most large wave without blinking. It will run an honest 99 to 102with light fuel and WITH OUT ALL of the crap my wife takes to lake with us for a child to play with, including ice and drinks etc... Otherwise it will run 93- 96 with a full tank and 4 adults . I understand in salt water, they will run alot faster. Bob Leach took me out on lake elinore which is where they test most Eliminators, and only got 97 to 98 with stock four blade Mercurys props. Mine is an 2003. MAKE sure that you test drive a 36 before buying anything smaller including a 30. I trailer my boat every weekend with a powerstroke dually but a 3/4 ton will work fine. It loads really easy (easier than most bass boats.) Just do your homework first. You will not be dissapointed in a 36.

By the way I have thrown around the Idea of selling mine. I kinda do and kinda don't. It is keep in a climate controlled shop and is NEVER outside except when its at the lake. It has the coolest TRIPLE DUALLY AXLE show trailer you have ever seen. The boat is really nice. I am 54 and have boated all my life. I don't get the time to use it that I used to, and I have some other interests that I have thought of pursuring
( 69 SS Camero, motorcycles etc...)

What ever you do I will be glad to visit with you if you want to call me. I would even let you go out for ride if you want to come my way. (918-232-8987) I am in eastern Ok, Robert
Attached Thumbnails Speed of a 2002 36 Daytona-118-1866_img-medium-2-.jpg   Speed of a 2002 36 Daytona-124-2409_img.jpg  
Old 07-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain38
I own a 36 Daytona with 500 EFI's.
Great looking boat.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see you on the board..... I bought Robert's old 28' Daytona 5yrs ago from pictures...when we hooked up for delivery the boat was pristine and exactly as he described. The whole transaction took place over a couple of weeks and ~1000 miles, it was easy, seamless, and I am still enjoying the boat to this day.

I have never ridden in a 36', but I have several friends with 33's and have spent many poker runs in them, that ride is night and day over a 28'....so I can only imagine how much better the 36 is on rough mixed up lakes.

Robert, 5 yrs flew by...your son was only a few months old when I took delivery...I have a daughter that is going on 4 myself. Hope all is going well with you and your family. Corey
Old 07-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Corey, yea I am on the board almost daily, lurking somewhere, just don't have alot to say. I guess I should have some higher posts numbers as long as I have been a member of OSO. Its the best entertainment around.

Thanks for the kind words. Glad the 28 is still running well. it was a very nice boat. Yea my baby brat is almost 6 in august. He's on the lake every weekend with us and seems to love it as much as us. How is you Daughter? Doe she like boat?

As far as selling the boat I kinda jump back an forth. I love it and it runs well on stock power. Hardly no problems, (hope its good maintaince) Stay i touch, god hearing from you.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a 36 Daytona with 500 EFI's. The boat is awesome. I previouly also owned a 28 daytona with 500's. Their is absolutly no comparison with a 28 to a 36. I have a 5 year old that watches TV at 80 in the cabin. It is incredablly smooth and I boat at LOTO occasionally and it takes most large wave without blinking. It will run an honest 99 to 102with light fuel and WITH OUT ALL of the crap my wife takes to lake with us for a child to play with, including ice and drinks etc... Otherwise it will run 93- 96 with a full tank and 4 adults . I understand in salt water, they will run alot faster. Bob Leach took me out on lake elinore which is where they test most Eliminators, and only got 97 to 98 with stock four blade Mercurys props. Mine is an 2003. MAKE sure that you test drive a 36 before buying anything smaller including a 30. I trailer my boat every weekend with a powerstroke dually but a 3/4 ton will work fine. It loads really easy (easier than most bass boats.) Just do your homework first. You will not be dissapointed in a 36.

By the way I have thrown around the Idea of selling mine. I kinda do and kinda don't. It is keep in a climate controlled shop and is NEVER outside except when its at the lake. It has the coolest TRIPLE DUALLY AXLE show trailer you have ever seen. The boat is really nice. I am 54 and have boated all my life. I don't get the time to use it that I used to, and I have some other interests that I have thought of pursuring
( 69 SS Camero, motorcycles etc...)

What ever you do I will be glad to visit with you if you want to call me. I would even let you go out for ride if you want to come my way. (918-232-8987) I am in eastern Ok, Robert
Very nice boat if Robert would REALLY sell it.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered

fountain38

I have been thinking to upgrading but have 2 homes to sell first. I take it you had a 38' fountain. How do you compare the 36 to the 38? In your 36 do you have bench seat in back or the bolsters? It looks like your front seats are not the tall ones, Is that correct?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Smile

I will settle up with you guys later---
Old 07-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Turbojack
fountain38

I have been thinking to upgrading but have 2 homes to sell first. I take it you had a 38' fountain. How do you compare the 36 to the 38? In your 36 do you have bench seat in back or the bolsters? It looks like your front seats are not the tall ones, Is that correct?

No 38 just a 29 years ago. Go Cat never go back---to a vee!
Fountains are nice but once had a lust for a 38 but I'm real glad I didn't pull the trigger.

Yea the seats are the low ones with a bench back--also has the one piece fiberglass liner in floor, with snapout carpet. nice addition
Old 07-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No 38 just a 29 years ago. Go Cat never go back---to a vee!
Fountains are nice but once had a lust for a 38 but I'm real glad I didn't pull the trigger.

Yea the seats are the low ones with a bench back--also has the one piece fiberglass liner in floor, with snapout carpet. nice addition

Kinda late to change the screen name
Old 07-08-2008, 11:37 PM
sre
Registered

It is pretty common for the larger cats to run as well as the smaller on top end due to the fact that they pack more air due to the larger tunnel. This may not be as true with a center pod but Spectres 36 was just as fast as the 30 with equal power regardless of the weight difference. Obviously the smaller boat accelerated quicker at low speeds. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Speed of a 2002 36 Daytona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.