2008 Eliminator Daytona 27 - Audio Systems

Notices

2008 Eliminator Daytona 27 - Audio Systems

Old 08-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Eliminator Daytona 27 - Audio Systems

New guy here,

Just picked up my 2008 Eliminator Daytona 27.

Trying to upgrade my sound system but cant figure out where to mount all these speakers and subwoofers.

I have poker run seats.

Any pictures? Can anyone post their systems!

Thanks

Old 08-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Registered

Awesome boat man.

I dont have a Daytona, rather a 25 Eagle XP open bow mid cuddy. Amps would go in the engine bay, subs under the rear seats, 6" 3 ways and tweeters mounted in the ineterior of the gunnels, and subs or 3 way speakers can mounted in the base of the front seats. You can also mount 6x9's in boxes to the hatch cover.

My boat has 3 10" subs in the rear seat base, 2 each 6" round 3 ways in the gunnels, 1 each tweeter just above the front 6"er, 2 3 way 6x9's in boxes mounted under the rear hatch and 2 each 8" subs under each of the front seats. The amps are mounted in the cavity between the helm and the ineterior panel of the mid cuddy. I dont like this as they are a PITA to get to and theres no air movement. They really should be mounted in the engine bay.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IROCDave
Awesome boat man.

I dont have a Daytona, rather a 25 Eagle XP open bow mid cuddy. Amps would go in the engine bay, subs under the rear seats, 6" 3 ways and tweeters mounted in the ineterior of the gunnels, and subs or 3 way speakers can mounted in the base of the front seats. You can also mount 6x9's in boxes to the hatch cover.

My boat has 3 10" subs in the rear seat base, 2 each 6" round 3 ways in the gunnels, 1 each tweeter just above the front 6"er, 2 3 way 6x9's in boxes mounted under the rear hatch and 2 each 8" subs under each of the front seats. The amps are mounted in the cavity between the helm and the ineterior panel of the mid cuddy. I dont like this as they are a PITA to get to and theres no air movement. They really should be mounted in the engine bay.
Amps in your engine bay isnt a good idea. I had a waterhose blow out and soaked everything in the bay, also you may or may not get water dripping in there from time to time. Find somwhere dry and away from rain or moisture for amps unless you wanna buy new ones when they get wet.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Registered

Had the whole boat done before labor day weekend. Now I have

12x MM651 Polk Audio Speakers
2x MM1240DVC Polk subs
3x PA D4000.4 amplifiers for the speakers
1x Hifonics BRE2000.1D for the subs
Clarion M502 receiver w controller mw1

Boat rattles the water.

Ended up throwing the subs under the cockpits on each side.

I'll post pics shortly.

Reason I didn't put the Amps in the engine bay was for that reason and many others.

I wholesale car audio for a living though ... Equipment is limitless...

Thanks for the advice
Old 09-18-2012, 11:04 AM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you put in a hell of a radio!

What power is in that thing? Boat looks awesome! Love the gel scheme.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Registered

You have to hear this thing to understand. Might add some more bass before the summer.

Boat had a Boostpower 650efi. Did a full rebuild/overhaul though at a buddies shop that builds these bad ass motors for a living ... Lots of new components and a lot more torque now.

Sorry for the delayed response
Old 02-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

sick boat!!!:-):-):-)