AJ Coupe Is North of the Border

Notices

AJ Coupe Is North of the Border

Old 08-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AJ Coupe Is North of the Border

It wis with extremely mixed emotions that I report that my coupe has a new owner, and she'll be running in Canadien waters.

I've been told that the 2 happiest days for a boat owner are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. I can tell you on Friday when I sold my coupe, it was with a heavy heart. I almost backed out of the deal twice (once the night before).

Last year I only put 11 hours on the boat. This season I wasn't even able to burn 1/2 tank of gas. Since both of my kids are in that phase of deep involvement in athletics it's tough to find a full day to spend putting the boat in and taking it out/cleaning, etc.... My solution was to have a lift put in at my house (I live in a waterfront community), unfortunately the people at Anchor Marina in Grand Island NY totally screwed that up (for details see here -> http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...eal-5k-me.html ) Even though I won the law suit against them almost a year ago, they have yet to pay me so I went the last 2 seasons without being able to use my boat, and it seemed silly to keep that much money tied up in a gorgeous trailer ornament. So, I finally sold it.

This was by far the best toy I've ever owned. She was reliable, and a pleasure to drive.

My plan is not to leave the Elim family. I took a gorgeous 30' Motion as part of the trade (see here for details -> http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o47242-en.html ) and to buy a 27 Speedster that will require a significantly less expensive lift (so I can do it prior to Anchor Marine paying wha they owe me), and stil rip around.

The coupe was bought by a gentlemen that wanted it for his 60th birthday. He hadn't told his family and surprised them all with it when he showed up Saturday morning at his docks with it. I've already gotten multiple emails from him and he is in love with her already.

So, if you see an older guy tooling around in the coupe, don't worry, AJ hasn't aged himself significantly in a short period of time - it's a new owner.

If you're buying anything from Anchor Marina, BEWARE!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

bitter sweet to see it go.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by QWKRN U View Post
bitter sweet to see it go.
More bitter than sweet...trust me.

But looking forward and not back at this point.

Working on my next move :-)
Old 08-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie View Post
More bitter than sweet...trust me.

But looking forward and not back at this point.

Working on my next move :-)
I know the feeling. I sold my 30 in April. Been looking but not much has caught my eye in the range I was looking. I just listed a few autos for sale and will be stepping the replacement search. ready for a 36. Wish I could have swung yours before it was gone but thats the way things work sometimes.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by QWKRN U View Post
I know the feeling. I sold my 30 in April. Been looking but not much has caught my eye in the range I was looking. I just listed a few autos for sale and will be stepping the replacement search. ready for a 36. Wish I could have swung yours before it was gone but thats the way things work sometimes.
Would have loved for you to have had it. She was awesome. By far my favorite of all the toys I've owned over the years. Extremely reliable. In the 5 years I had it, I only had 2 problems with it. 1. Blew up the IMCO drives - turns out they were only rated for 600hp - once I moved to the Teague Platinums - no issues at all. 2. Header bolts on port motor came loose. Ilmor sent me new bolts for both motors - no issues since.

I highly recommend the Coupe - was just a pleasure to drive - if you can find one with an Ilmor power package, even better!!!