Prop Rotation? >

Prop Rotation?

Notices

Prop Rotation?

Old 06-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop Rotation?

Has anyone out there with a 33 Daytona swapped their prop rotation?
I'm mostly curious about handling characteristics turning out versus turning in?
Speed difference?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I did this on my 30 a few times trying to get better numbers out of the boat. (F.Y.I. I had bravos) I would swap the props and just run the controls opposite than usual only to test (you can not do this through a transmission). I ended up leaving the props turning in, didn't find much improvement from the swap.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Registered

Thanks I've tried that on my twin V bottoms that had Bravos but since I can't on these it's more difficult to find out.
I'm mainly wondering if it handles any different. I'm not happy with the way it turns or acts around the docks.
I wouldn't mind if it lost a little speed it has way more than I need around here.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have tried turning in and turning out on my 2006 33 Daytona. Turning in performs much better, and handles much better.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Registered

Thanks mine are turning in so that pretty much answers what I wondered.
Does yours lean hard when your turning?
Mine loves to go straight and hates any turn no matter how slight.
Ive had a lot of different twin and triple V's, 1 single engine cat so this twin cat is a new game for me.
Maybe I just neeed to get more seat time and get a little more use to it.
It's crazy fast and a blast to drive though.
Thanks again for the input
Old 06-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Do you have the yellow cat that I've been seeing on the river? ....with the 200 yard rooster tail??? :-)

If so, it looks and sounds great - I'd like to see it sometime. We'll be on the river this weekend - usually at JB Beach during evenings and Dam 48 during day.

Terry

Originally Posted by LuvMy47Ftn
Thanks mine are turning in so that pretty much answers what I wondered.
Does yours lean hard when your turning?
Mine loves to go straight and hates any turn no matter how slight.
Ive had a lot of different twin and triple V's, 1 single engine cat so this twin cat is a new game for me.
Maybe I just neeed to get more seat time and get a little more use to it.
It's crazy fast and a blast to drive though.
Thanks again for the input
Old 06-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Registered

Yes thats me
I'll be out some tomorrow
Last I heard the Tiki Bar will be back in operation tomorrow and I like running up to there
I don't like messing with an anchor so I usually just stop where I can pull up
Prob see you out tomorrow
May float a little by the Blues Festival not sure yet
I know I seen your boat at Dam 48 the other day
I usually notice all Fountains since I've had so many
I have a 38 coming next week it wont compare to this cat but it should be more fun to party in
Old 06-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Registered

I just sold my 33 Daytona. I had tried both in and out. In handled better, slightly. The 33 is a bit of a pig from a handling perspective. Leans bad turning between 35 and 65 MPH and does not like to be turned above 80 MPH, takes an unnerving amount of wheel to make course adjustments.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Registered

Well that sounds just like the way this one is and your right about making adjustments.
What props were you running and power?
Did yours want to porpoise around 90-100?
This one is bad unless you really lay in it hard then it's not near as bad but still does it.
Other than not wanting to turn it feels great to 140 after that it starts to feel pretty loose and the pucker factor goes way up.
Most likly it's my driving and not knowing where to trim or run the tab but I will learn eventually.
Right now I have put about 20 hours of time on it and a lot left to learn. Prob half that time it was to trashy to really go.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Registered

Was running 1,100's to 1.3 geared B Max drives turning 36 bravo props. Yup like to porpoise exactly at 90-110. Really had to commit to either run under 90 or power through it and get over 110. My tunnel tab was ineffective in helping the hop. I just gave up on the tunnel tab as it moved slow and I did not want to find myself in a position where tab was down and had to slow down fast, could be a potentially bad situation..... My 33 liked lots of trim to 80 then liked to tuck the drives to be slightly positive, just enough to carry the nose. That would keep the boat hooked up after 110. The 33 is really a challenging boat to drive and after 80 MPH it needs to be a straight line boat. I just got into an F32 DCB which by comparison is the easiest boat to drive I have ever driven....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.