Considering an eliminator >

Considering an eliminator

Notices

Considering an eliminator

Old 10-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering an eliminator

I need some opinions. I have seen these boats run and I like the way they look. All of you that have had a V-bottom and went to the Eliminator would you go back? I have a 2000 38 Fountain Lightning and am throwing around a few ideas. Wanted some perspective from Eliminator owners.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Registered

I know you asked for owners but a friend of mine has a 25 with a 525. Very sharp boat and very fast (92 +\-). Boat is super stable and rides great. I'm not sure what your primary boating situation is but that is going to be a big change from a 38 v to the 25 eliminator. They are fun as hell to drive but it's obviously not going to have the options you have on yours in terms of amenities. But if you are a day boater I think the eliminator is a bad machine and you would have a blast. In a perfect world you just keep both
Old 10-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Registered

Had 26, now have 30. If wife did not want a head I would be getting another Eliminator. Next boat is also going to be a cat.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just recently bought a 2001 Daytona 26 - I also have a 1992 SCARAB 34 that I have had for 18 years. All of the boats I have owned have been V's. The first time I drove the 26 I knew it was for me. It brought out the thrill of performance boating again. I will not go back.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I have been over 100 in a friends eliminator, comfortable ride.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a 25 Eliminator Eagle with a 575sc, a 26 Sonic Prowler, a 26 Eliminator Daytona, a Cobalt 343, a Nortech 3600 Supercat and a 30 Eliminator Daytona and many of these boats have overlapped each other. Like CraneHillFast said, not sure what your day to day usage looks like, but if you are a day, light to moderate chop user then a center pod cat (Eliminator, DCB) is the way to go. You have a cabin (smallish), can have a head if you need (porto-pot) and some speed. Depending on power you can see 100 easy and 150 if the power and size are commensurate. Don't get me wrong, the Cobalt 343 was a very sexy, take on the big LOTO chop and eat it up kind of boat.......boat this 30 Daytona with 525efi's is just a great ride in anything from 1-4 ft chop and will run 110. Can't beat it. Sounds good....looks good. Happy to visit if you want to PM or call. Good luck!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Registered

Eliminator built my wife and I an new 2013 Daytona and it was the best buying experience I have had. Initially we weren't sure a brand new boat was possible. We contacted a few different manufacturers for estimates, and guess who personally me back, Bob Leach, yep. I dealt with Bob all the way through, and he and his team were more than accommodating.

We love our Eliminator, Bob's whole team and the being part of the Eliminator family.

Our other boat is a Motion and we are also happy with it, we bought it used, but when I called and wrote Motion for some history on the boat and some gel coat codes, they blew me off and gave me some pat comment. I like the boat, but it has been a totally different experience.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:22 PM
Registered

If your looking for the same ride in rough water as the Fountain and are considering a V bottom Eliminator under 30' you will be really disappointed. The 23.5 - 28' Eagles are fast but it comes at a cost when running in much more than 2' of chop. The twin steps and pad beat the crap of the boat and passengers. The cabin height is also minimal on the 28' and shorter boats.

Eliminator builds a nice boat and the gel coat work can be great. Just need to be objective when looking at a used boat. If your signing up for a new boat your in good hands. Solid reputation and they made it through the crucible that took out most manufactures that were questionable.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by IROCDave
If your looking for the same ride in rough water as the Fountain and are considering a V bottom Eliminator under 30' you will be really disappointed. The 23.5 - 28' Eagles are fast but it comes at a cost when running in much more than 2' of chop. The twin steps and pad beat the crap of the boat and passengers. The cabin height is also minimal on the 28' and shorter boats.

Eliminator builds a nice boat and the gel coat work can be great. Just need to be objective when looking at a used boat. If your signing up for a new boat your in good hands. Solid reputation and they made it through the crucible that took out most manufactures that were questionable.
+1
Old 11-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jpf091959
Eliminator built my wife and I an new 2013 Daytona and it was the best buying experience I have had. Initially we weren't sure a brand new boat was possible. We contacted a few different manufacturers for estimates, and guess who personally me back, Bob Leach, yep. I dealt with Bob all the way through, and he and his team were more than accommodating.

We love our Eliminator, Bob's whole team and the being part of the Eliminator family.

Our other boat is a Motion and we are also happy with it, we bought it used, but when I called and wrote Motion for some history on the boat and some gel coat codes, they blew me off and gave me some pat comment. I like the boat, but it has been a totally different experience.
couldn't of said it better myself
http://speedonthewater.com/new-boats...r-tops-170-mph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.